Nowi has the flu..

Nora ZamanNora Zaman Member Posts: 14
edited 6 August, 2010 in Cat Health
I haven't slept..since Nowi got sick.I'm so worried that I think I'm starting to annoy Nowi for being such a mother hen! He has been sneezing for several days now.I brought him to the vet two days ago and the doc said Nowi has a mild flu and he should be alright in a few days. The doc gave him antibiotics and flu tablets. Last night,Nowi started coughing...and I haven't slept since.My poor baby.. As for his eating habits...well,I guess due to him being sick,he hasn't been eating as much as he used to.He DOES eat..but he can't seem to finish his kibbles. I have to leave the country tomorrow for work.. I wonder if I should bring him to the clinic again..just to be safe..? p/s: don't worry...Nowi won't be left alone when I'm gone tomorrow..my boyfriend will be taking care of him.

Comments

• Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 13 January, 2010
    Poor NoWi! He's probably not eating because his nose is stopped up and he can't smell his food. You might consider putting him in a room with a humidifer or in the bathroom for awhile with hot water running -- the steam may clear his congestion. If he doesn't eat soon, you or whoever is going to babysit him might also need to find other ways to feed him. Soft food in a syringe? The coughing is definitely not a good sign. I'd definitely take him to the vet again! Hope he's feeling better soon!
  • Dawn HarmanDawn Harman SpeedwellMember Posts: 1,079
    edited 13 January, 2010
    I am glad you found out what was wrong. When I asked a vet about the bathroom trick, he told me that the cat needed a nebular because the steam in the bathroom, was not small enough. He said to use a human one and to check craigslist for a used one. . The vet in question works at Disney\'s Animal Kingdom here in Orlando Florida. I see him every 2 weeks when I am demoing for Nutro at PetCo. Good luck with this, Dawn|:|