Water Fountains?

Lacey KingstonLacey Kingston WilmingtonMember Posts: 7,527
edited 15 January, 2010 in Cat Health
I was looking into getting one of those fountain waterers for the pets. I'm wondering which brands you recommend? I was specifically looking at the Drinkwell ones. Also, it occurred to me that the waterers are all plastic...wouldn't that be bad? Right now we only use ceramic and stainless steel bowls.

Comments

• Katie DillnerKatie Dillner Member Posts: 175
    edited 15 January, 2010
    I have a Catit Drinking Fountain for my cats. I really like it because it's quiet and dosen't splash. It's also easy to clean. They are available at Petsmart.
  • SammySammy Member Posts: 3,391
    edited 15 January, 2010
    We just ordered this ceramic pet fountain from Hammacher Schlemmer and we LOVE it! Much easier to clean than our old plastic pet fountain - it can even go in the dishwasher! http://www.hammacher.com/Product/77737?promo=search
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    edited 15 January, 2010
    Drinkwell also now do a stainless steel one - see link below. I had to retire the one after Sassy got chin acne so was happy when I saw the stainless steel one. I got it in November and my cats all love it and its easy to clean. The only issue with it is that you can set it up so that there are from 1-4 spouts/water streams from the top. With anything less than the 4 streams option it caused a lot of splashing. With the 4 stream option it works fine and there's no splashing at all. http://www.amazon.com/Drinkwell-360-Fountain-Stainless-Steel/dp/B002SB91QS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1263606103&sr=1-1
  • Lacey KingstonLacey Kingston WilmingtonMember Posts: 7,527
    edited 15 January, 2010
    Our problem is that the fountain would also have to serve a 115lbs dog...for whatever reason, the cats really prefer a little dog drool in their water. I think I might just end up making my own. We already have one that we made out of a watering can and added a step and taught the pets to turn it on for themselves. But the downside of the water can is that it's impossible to fully clean it out.
  • Lissa NicholsonLissa Nicholson SydneyMember Posts: 1,562
    edited 15 January, 2010
    We have two types. We have the CatIt Fresh and Clear fountain, which Suey likes. Big brave Fui is scared of it, though. We also have the Drinkwell Platinum. I prefer this one- it is quieter (although I don't find the CatIt to be overly noisy), easier to clean and holds a bigger volume. Fui uses it too, which is always nice :))