Homer\'s Odyssey

Teresa HawkinsTeresa Hawkins McHenryMember Posts: 415
Mom just picked up this book last week and it is awesome, about the life of a blind kitty and his human and how they learned from each other. Has anyone else read this?

Comments

• Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 11 September, 2009
    Our meowmy ordered it from Amazon.com earlier this week, and can't wait to read it. She loved the fact that part of the proceeds of the sale of the book go to the Blind Cat Rescue. The New Orleans Kitties
  • Aruna ChenAruna Chen Eugene / Rosemead / Rancho PalMember Posts: 1
    edited 12 September, 2009
    I\'m 1/2 way through the book and I love it! I\'m so touched by the story and the writing is wonderful. |$|
  • Karen ParsonsKaren Parsons GriffithMember Posts: 821
    edited 12 September, 2009
    It's next on my list! Love stories like that.
  • Meghan SMeghan S Rosslyn, VAMember Posts: 82
    edited 14 September, 2009
    Wow what a great topic to write about- and it has a cause! Let us know what you thought of it!
  • Teresa HawkinsTeresa Hawkins McHenryMember Posts: 415
    edited 25 September, 2009
    So Mom finished the book and loved it. Her face got leaky at times, mostly from remembering some of our blind sister Smokey's antics and uncanny ability to play and find her way around, and also remembering how upset and worried she was after our house fire when she couldn't get in to find Patch and Chubs, like Homer's owner after 9/11. Excellent book and it is finding a permanent place in Mom's collection - five paws up from our crew =;
    edited 25 September, 2009
    Our meowmy finished the book also and loved it. Homer is one special kitty.......we won't say all he does so we do not spoil the book for others, but do get it. And, some of the proceeds of the sale of the book go to the wonderful Blind Cat Sancutary in North Carolina.
  • Tammy MasseyTammy Massey SpartanburgMember Posts: 295
    edited 27 October, 2009
    We have read it and absolutely loved it!! GO Homer!!
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    edited 27 October, 2009
    I don't think I'll ruin anything for anyone by saying this but we are just to the part where she gets a stereo. So far we love this book. Guess what, there is another "Homer" on Petfinder in Nashville that needs a home. They call him Wonder. He's an eyeless black kitten. It was posted in another forum. He's SO adorable. We just can't take him but we hope he finds an amazing home very soon.
  • Ashley LaRueAshley LaRue San AntonioMember Posts: 16
    edited 2 November, 2009
    Hey guys! Guess what? Homer's on catster! ~a~ His ID is 904044. Go add him!
    edited 2 November, 2009
    Yes we saw that Homer had joined CATSTER. Isn't is nice to have a celebrity in our midst?? The New Orleans Kitties
    edited 2 November, 2009
    Tried to find him, no luck. Is the number right? I'll try again!
    edited 2 November, 2009
    Found him! And two other Homer's as well! Thank you!
  • Tom HoolTom Hool CasperMember Posts: 12
    edited 3 November, 2009
    My purrdaddy just got done reading this. He laughed, smiled and cried thru the whole book so it must be good to touch him in that way.
  • Ruth DossRuth Doss NavarreMember Posts: 59
    edited 2 January, 2010
    Mommy just finished "Homer's Odyssey" and she says she has the lazyest cats of all! We can barely catch crickets! Srsly, I was a marvelous read about a very special bond between a very brave cat and a very loving hooman! A must read for anyone who has ever loved a cat!
  • Sweetie DavisSweetie Davis Member Posts: 10
    edited 21 January, 2010
    My lady finished the book and now my boy is reading it too! I'm not sure what it's all about but enjoy sitting on the people while they read!!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 January, 2010
    Hey, everycat--Homer's sister, Vashti, is very sick. When you get the chance, send her some purrs! |:| http://gwencooper.com/blog.php