my family is allergic to me

Goolnar HawGoolnar Haw Member Posts: 2,525
edited 30 January, 2010 in Cat Health
both my mommy & one of my brothers (dog) are VERY allergic to me. mommy breaks out in hives, gets red itchy eyes... if she doesn\'t wash up immediately after handling me. my brother has all kinds of allergies & has been working with a dermatologist to help resolve his allergies. he has been getting allergy serum injections aka immunotherapy & has become immune to many of his past allergies however, his allergy test results show that his allergies to me have become more severe. the dermatologist suggested this non-toxic spray.. sogeval\'s DOUXO® Seborrhea Micro-emulsion Spray. does anyone have experience with this?? mommy just ordered it today from our vet & won\'t get it till the end of the week.

Comments

• Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 28 January, 2010
    Found this link for you, don't know if its of help or not, best of luck. :D:D:D http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2117&aid=144
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 29 January, 2010
    I know they also have allergy sprays & shampoo at Foster & Son pet supply. I hope you can find something that works.
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 29 January, 2010
    This is awful! But please post if any of the products work for you, for future reference , as this is a common problem.
  • Florence HomerFlorence Homer Falls ChurchMember Posts: 136
    edited 29 January, 2010
    a bath once a week for kitty and her doggy brother and regularly brushing should help reduce the allergens.
    edited 29 January, 2010
    a bath once a week for kitty and her doggy brother and regularly brushing should help reduce the allergens.
    edited 29 January, 2010
  • Molly StrothkampMolly Strothkamp MesaMember Posts: 1,381
    edited 29 January, 2010
    Lucy has severe allergies. She has a prescription for Duoxo Calming spray (I think that's what it's called) and I don't think it's the same thing you mentioned, just the same company. It's a spray medication that I put on her itchy skin to help ease the itchiness. I've found that it tends to draw Lucy's attention to her skin lesions and that makes it worse. But I'm not sure that it's the same Duoxo product you have. Lucy has severe allergies to foods and environmental things (trees, grass, scented candles, etc.). She has been taking Atopica (also known as Cyclosporine) for the last year and she has had a 90 % improvement in her health as a result. It's actually not approved for cats yet, just dogs, but my vet prescribed it off label. Might be worth asking your vet about for your dog. Good luck! I know how challenging it can be to sort out allergies. Take care.
  • Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    edited 30 January, 2010
    You may do this already but it may help to keep you out of the bedroom/off the bed. That will give one room thats free of allergens and give your mum some relief. If you sleep on the pillow during the day or on the bed at night that can give your mum a lot of exposure to the allergens, much more so than just being in the rest of the house.
  • Goolnar HawGoolnar Haw Member Posts: 2,525
    edited 30 January, 2010
    thanks for all your comments & concerns. mommy called our vet today so she could pick up the spary after work but due to some confusion at the clinic we no have to wait till monday or tuesday. mommy hopes it will work!!! as for the bedroom...mommy has a sheet that she puts over the bed which protects her bedding & pillow so she isn\'t too bad in the bedroom. mommy is more concerned about my brothers allergies then hers as mommy knows what she has to do to minimize her allergic reaction. i will let everyone know how the spray works in hopes to hlep others