teeth

Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
edited 1 February, 2010 in Cat Health
I was going to post this question anyways, but after reading Stella's post, I am curious if anyone has tried the oral liquids that you put in kitties water. There is one that supposedly has no taste to it. Just wondered if anyone has used these, if they do any good. Or the tooth wipe pads. We use a finger brush, and Maizy is pretty good about it, but Tigger carries on like a crazycat. It would sure make life easier!

Comments

• Carol GordonCarol Gordon Member Posts: 10
    edited 31 January, 2010
    We have used Oral Hygiene Solution for our feral cats and I can\'t say that I think it\'s made a big difference. But with the ferals, there isn\'t another choice so I just keep adding it to the water for fear their teeth would be worse without it.
  • Jennifer SzucsJennifer Szucs ChathamMember Posts: 3,765
    edited 1 February, 2010
    Ive started to use this stuff you put in their water and I use petz life oral gel and I brush. I haven used the water stuff for a month and it takes a few months to notice a huge difference. Well I have been using petz life for a long time and Boston my little dog had one tooth that no matter what the tartar build up would not loosen up and come off. A few weeks with the water stuff that tooth looks like new. I flicked the tartar off with my finger mol! I was so happy. Now its not cheep though. No products that work are cheep it sucks.:)
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 1 February, 2010
    That's for sure, nothing is cheap anymore- but it is prob cheaper than having alot of dental work done! I guess it won't hurt to try a bottle & see. He has nice white teeth & is still young, but I hate the idea of having Tigger asleep to do a cleaning with his heart issues, so just thinking of preventative medicine. Do they seem to notice a taste? Maizy is sooo picky I will have to make sure she doesn't see me even put it in the water!