How can I fatten my cat up?

Kayla SwaffordKayla Swafford FranklinMember Posts: 8
edited 14 December, 2006 in Food & Nutrition
My cat Solomon is blind and can't really defend for himself when it comes to cats eating his food. I feed him soft food once a day and I know he eats that until he is full and he also eats some dry food during the day. What can I feed him to make him gain weight?

Comments

• Marta GasperMarta Gasper FairburyMember Posts: 636
    edited 13 December, 2006
    Does Solomon need to gain weight? He should be eating canned food twice a day and snacking would be a good idea..but because he's blind better ask the vet if he really needs to gain weight (b/c it might bring other health problems) and how you can help he do it
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 14 December, 2006
    Feed twice a day. You may even want to put him in his own room until he is finished eating so the other kitties don't bother him. Ask your vet if he needs to gain weight and how many calories he needs to consume per day. This can tell you if you are feeding him enough food right now, or if you need to increase the amount.