The Yoga Bend

Holly RachelleHolly Rachelle Member Posts: 1,896
*walks in and waves* Hey everyone welcome to the brand new yoga classes, I am Princess Cali but you can call me PC or P.Cali ! Come and join in when ever you feel like it and when we get some frequent comers we can schedule some classes! Yoga is great excercise and is good to work off that holiday blub! *laughs* So if you feel like it, just hop in, bend around, and remember to have alot of fun and this is a great place to meet some new friends! *sets out yoga mats and chairs and refreshments* Come on in!

Comments

• Christina OttChristina Ott fairless hillsMember Posts: 8,628
    edited 25 November, 2006
    Heya P Cali! Great name for the forum!! *Looks around* this place looks great!!*grabs a mat and stretches a bit* You will have to let me know when the classes start--Iv'e never done yoga before!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 25 November, 2006
    Here's me doing my "yoga thang"
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 November, 2006
    *peeks in* PC, it looks nice! Oh, I hope I have the time to schedule a yoga class.
    edited 25 November, 2006
    MOL!!! Lookin Good Squeakers!
  • Holly RachelleHolly Rachelle Member Posts: 1,896
    edited 25 November, 2006
    *does backbend and flips over* WoW what a stretch! Looking good everyone! See you all tomorrow!
  • Elisabeth SmithElisabeth Smith BlacksburgMember Posts: 29
    edited 26 November, 2006
    nice place you got here *pulls out a yoga mat and kneads it*
    edited 26 November, 2006
    *lays out pink yoga mat and stretches a bit* OKay everyone lets try this excercise...its great for a strait back, helps reduce weight and increase height. So come on everyone lets try it: Padahastasan Stand with back paws together, front legs extended upwards and whole body pulled upwards. Bring front legs forward to touch ground in front of back paws or to hold the toes with paws. Head should touch the knees. Body from hips to feet should remain absolutely straight.
    edited 27 November, 2006
    *grabs a pink mat and tries the first excercise* Oh boy do I feel that!! I must not be as limber as I though! *giggles* *continues in sets of 3's*
    edited 27 November, 2006
    *does excersise with Cali* Oh feel the stretch! *bends back up* Wow that felt great! Hmmm i feel taller and skinner all ready *giggles* Come on kittys try it.... it cant hurt you just to try... or can it?*laughs again*
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 November, 2006
    *rumages through pink mats to find a blue one. Unrolls mat and stands straight, bending forward to touch floor . . . . . . * Owww, owww, ooww, OWWW !!!!! *curls up on mat in fetal position until muscles relax, then rolls onto back and goes into savasana* Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    edited 29 November, 2006
    *giggles at Apollo* That's Mom's favorite pose! *looks around for Mouse and Hattie*
    edited 29 November, 2006
    Oh mommy loves savasana! Apperantly Apollo does too *giggles and watches Apollo sleep* *stretches out on mat and goes into savasana* Awgh.... this is gre...... *falls asleep*
  • White WolfWhite Wolf Stokton SpringsMember Posts: 2,838
    edited 30 November, 2006
    *does the exersize and stands up streight again* Wow, that feels great!
  • Lavinia KleinLavinia Klein cozy cornerMember Posts: 658
    edited 6 December, 2006
    *walks in and does a backflip* when are the lessons starting?
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 6 December, 2006
    *Does handstand on front paws and flips into backbend* Ooof! *lays down in savasana*
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 6 December, 2006
    NaMeowSte, everyone! *looks around to see everyone in savasana* Ooh... I shouldn't be so loud. *rolls out Blue Kitty yoga mat and does some back twists, then sits up straight, rolls eyes upward and yawns, sticking tongue out* Lion's pose!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 6 December, 2006
    *rolls out mat and lies down, leans back all the way, and touches ears to tail, trying to go all the way, back legs* Ooh, wonder if I can do it? Ow ow ow! *finally touches back legs with top of head* Boy am I outta shape! *tries to get up, but flops on mat and curls up in a ball, the right way, and goes to sleep*
  • Cassandra GriffinCassandra Griffin OmahaMember Posts: 4,662
    edited 6 December, 2006
    *streaches gracefully on yoga mat*
    edited 8 December, 2006
    *walks in and sees pumpkin* hello daughter dearest! *drags blue mat over beside pumpkins and begins to stretch*
  • Cassandra GriffinCassandra Griffin OmahaMember Posts: 4,662
    edited 9 December, 2006
    hey dad!*streaches*
    edited 15 December, 2006
    *walks in with pink yoga mat* Awgh everyone looks a little tired! MOL Here lets try.....Paschim Uttaanasan (Head knee forward bend) Okay heres how you do it: Spread the legs apart, grasp the big toes with the front paws, the head touching the knees and the elbow touching the ground. Heres how it helps you: Induces keen appetite for food. Irritable kitties are advised to do this asan. Waist becomes supple. Improves blood circulation. *does pose* Wow that feels great!! OKay everyone try it!!
    edited 15 December, 2006
    *walks in, sees cali and agets in pose* ooh, relaxing!
  • Ben RoweBen Rowe Member Posts: 2,376
    edited 15 December, 2006
    Hey Snitch! Long time no chat! *starts to do pose* Whoa, this is pretty relaxing!
    edited 15 December, 2006
    *gets out of pose and walks around Golden Snitch and Dot* Good! You guys are doing them well!! *grabs Dots arms and gently pulls towards feet* Here you need to stretch a little more. Okay while you are doing this remember never to hold your breath, make the breaths align with your body, when you feel the stretch its good! Dont try to make it go away, enjoy it! *goes into pose again*
    edited 15 December, 2006
    *walks in and grabs a mat* Hi kitties! *attempts to do pose* oh boy--I'm not sure I am flexible enough!!
  • Ben RoweBen Rowe Member Posts: 2,376
    edited 15 December, 2006
    Yeah I'm with you Cali, I don't know if I'm quite stretchy enough for Yoga. I've got quite the belly and I don't think it's meant to be stretched like this! But I suppose this is supposed to be relaxing! So if Cali will do it then so will I!
    edited 15 December, 2006
    Oh anyone can do yoga! You dont have to stretch any further than you can comfortably! Its all about how it feels not how it looks!