getting an outside cat use to a new place

Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
edited 10 May, 2010 in Behavior & Training
ok heres the deal: i rescued shadow from outside when she had a kitten. she is fixed and have been trying to get her use to inside which isnt working. She will ripp up screens, rip the carpet by the door untill its bare and rip the door. i think she is fusterated because now she beats up on her catmate Mo to the point i think there going to kill eatchother. my mother lives on a farm out in the country, and has 2 neuterd males. she said shadow may come be a barn cat (she would have shelter, food and water everyday) i know most people would say no dont put her outside, but... my reasons - i found her outside -she is fixed -she isnt very adoptable with her screen and door ripping problem, unless de-clawed and i refuse to do it - she is showing singns of agression when before it wasnt an issue can anyone suggest ways to get her use to her new home? i just dont want to throw her outside and she runs away

Comments