Plus Opinion on Changes...

18910111214»

Comments

• Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,743
    edited 17 June, 2010
    We hear you everyone. Trust me we do. If you can't spend time on the site before we change it, I understand, but it's probably very unlikely that a change will happen this week. Please stop wondering if we haven't heard and made a plan for these requests. It's just not true to speculate that we haven't. We've also heard everyone's request for a link to the cat's meow blog on the community homepage. That too won't happen this week but will soon enough. The URL for it has not changed at all. It can always be found here. http://blogs.catster.com/the-cats-meow-a-cat-and-kitten-blog/. You can bookmark and go to whenever you want.
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 June, 2010
    HQ, All we needed was to hear that these changes will happen. You could have responded much earlier and stopped our "wondering".
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 17 June, 2010
    Right on, Miss Hazel Lucy! HQ~ you could have told us this sooner!! Then we would not have been wondering if you were listening. Thank you!
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 18 June, 2010
    I found an interesting article on Dogster and Catster\'s redesign. I thought you cats might like to read it. |^|
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 18 June, 2010
    This is on the "Plus Friendly" Forum. Most Catsters have been keeping their claws to themselves, but this and similar Forums are not exactly friendly. We all seem to have gripes. The white backround, the meaningless carpet backround with boo-boo toys displayed on it. HQ is looking into this. I feel for Ted. This reminds me of the Japanese system of incorporatating Western customs/recipes/ideas but never quite getting them right. This is actually a major concern for me-what was wrong with the original Japanese take on Western customs? Same for Catster. Did it really need to be "improved"?
    edited 18 June, 2010
    Thanks for that link Toffy! The comments are interesting.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 June, 2010
    Is there an area we can ask,:^: how we can do things?:^: Like... I want to know how we can look up old gifts that were given to us. I had problems seeing them, so I waited. Now they are all gone and I can't find them anymore:(
  • Rita Anne ProvenzanoRita Anne Provenzano PhilapawMember Posts: 635
    edited 18 June, 2010
    :(( My entire family is sad about the changes to Catster. Its bland, generic and has lost its 'homey, we love cats' feel. Bad Catster! No treats for you!
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 June, 2010
    Two different areas show more gifts than what your home page shows, Mr D. (1) On everyone's own personal page, on the right-hand side, is a link to take you to a page that shows all the gifts you ever received (or gave), month by month for each different category. It's just above your Catster ID, the CatsterPlus sybmol if you have one, and your family members. Here's a screenshot of the link on your page: LINK FOR ALL GIFTS EVER RECEIVED (2) There is also a link to your "family page" which shows the last two week's gifts received by everyone in your family. You reach that from your community home page, in the upper-left just under your photos, it says "my family page". Click on that, it's a link to your family page.
  • edited 18 June, 2010
    Interesting Article indeed, Toffy. very interesting. widgets... meh. I have to go now. I have some other boards I like to visit. Boards that don't blind me while I try to keep up on messages and conversations. ;)
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 June, 2010
    Thank you Scooter. Silly me, didn't see it but then I haven't worked out / had the time to work out how to get a pain middle bit on my page. It was there before but now it's too busy. Maybe I just need the time to tidy my page and I might find things a little easier. I know one way I can do it is upload a pain background to photobucket then hopefully find the right spot to post it. But that will have to be another day:( Thanks again for your help.
  • Sharon EvansSharon Evans Member Posts: 2,968
    edited 19 June, 2010
    We still get a blank white community page after several exchanges of mail with HQ. Nothing seems to be being done at all. And yet we are paying for Plus!! Not for much longer I can tell ya. We also have mice & toys on our page all the time even though we put in our own background. We think we have been pretty patient and all it got us was ignored. FIX OUR PAGES ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:n:
    edited 19 June, 2010
    Mr D, I'll pmail you some instructions (later today) for getting something in the center of your page. You have an error in your code that is keeping your "center" from working. Ethan, I'll send a pmail right now about how to get rid of the toys on your pages. That one is easy to fix.
    edited 19 June, 2010
    :-h Angel Scooter. Could you please tell me also how to get rid of the toys on my page. |:| Teddy Bearz
    edited 19 June, 2010
    Of course, Teddy Bearz! To keep it simple, I'll give you the entire CSS code to add to one of your bio fields -- and anyone else can use it if they want to. It could share a bio field with something else. Just make sure this code is kept intact and you add it before the other code begins or after the other code ends -- that is, don't plop this code into the middle of some other code. ;) Add this to a bio field: <style> /* Get rid of toys in background */ .pawesome-remove { display: none; } </style> Notice there is a "dot" (period) before the word "pawesome" -- that's not a mistake, it must be included. I thought the toys were a nice gift for those without decorated pages or special backgrounds, but they don't go so well on some decorated pages. So PJ at Pawsome Pages and HQ got right on it and came up with a couple different ways to make the toys disappear. This is one of the easy options!
    edited 19 June, 2010
    ;c;;c;;c; Thank you sweet Angel Scooter. Now, that is easy! Magic, in fact! Toys are gone!!! Thank you so much ;c;;c; Happy headbutts Teddy Bearz :c9
  • Guido The Italian KittyGuido The Italian Kitty Member Posts: 3,339
    edited 19 June, 2010
    I'ma ecstaticat to find this feline forum of creative meowster minds. I agrees with many bout da changes, but hey whatcha expect from Mister Ted who lives with a Dog! My giganticat Hiss Fit is WHERE is The Cat's Meow? IT used to be under "BLOGS" on da homey page. I luvs da Cat's Meow (itza written by da momma of Skeezix) and now theyza purrmoting something called catatar - I can't even say it without grimacing andza having da EyeTailYun hiss fit! Not only izza dat not original name, but the purrson who writes it swears bad words (yep uh huh check it outs) and I thinks dat purrson is anti cats too). So datsa my amewsing obSIRvashuns.
    edited 28 June, 2010
    I'm dismayed that Top Dog has some websites that revel in the uglier side of animal life. Makes one wonder. Take a look at the categories on catatar and dogatar. http://dogatar.com/category/wtf/ And even worse: Moarrawr.com
  • SammySammy Member Posts: 3,391
    edited 28 June, 2010
    We were shocked to learn that Dogster/Catster is the registered owner of moarrawr.com. and can't imagine how HQ could associate itself with a site that promotes animal violence. I've posted in my diary, in our groups, and sent a message to [email protected] We hope everyone else will do the same and tell HQ that this site needs to be closed - NOW! :(
  • Humphrey HauntedHumphrey Haunted CaliforniaMember Posts: 10,753
    edited 28 June, 2010
    The news just gets worse and worse, but the good thing that is coming out is that we know a lot more now then we did before and can make informed choices based on that. Our family's money goes to really good animal rescue groups in our area, and not one more dime will be going to Catster.
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Moarrawr.com has been taken down just in the last hour, that says a lot. Caught with their pants down. What an embarrassment.
  • Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,743
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Meows. This is Ted. We weren't trying to make money from that site. We weren't linking to it. I had thought it was to be a blog just focused on animals being amazing. It was supposed to show them in all their habitats and for all part of life. And that's what was mostly in there when I just looked, but there were other posts that weren't and I agree. It's not our type of site and I cut it off. Apologies for those that saw it before then, but I can also honestly say very few people ever saw the blog. Then I went ahead and posted an update about what happened. We weren't trying to make money off it (you can't make money off photo blogs.) It was an experiment and it's over. And actually, thanks to those that emailed me directly to let me know.
  • SammySammy Member Posts: 3,391
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Hi Ted, My Mom was one who e-mailed you directly and she really appreciates that you pulled the plug on this icky blog quick! We could not imagine why a cat-loving site would want its name associated with something that was not animal-loving, and pretty tasteless in our opinion. Thanks for recognizing this and responding so promptly!=;
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 21 June, 2010
    :-h Hello Everypaw, In an effort to concentrate the discussion, we are closing duplicate Threads, and direct you to two Threads in which you can continue the discussion about Catster’s re-design: Plus Experts & Help Corner Discuss Catster’s Re-Design New to Catster/Tips & Tricks Discuss Catster’s Re-Design Please be aware that there are thousands of forum posts and comments about the re-design on Catster, and HQ is not able to read and respond to each one individually. If you need assistance with your Catster account, or require technical support to help you navigate through the site re-design, the most effective way to get the information to the Tech Cats is to contact Catster Support directly at support-at-catster-dot-com or by way of the Contact links located at the bottom of each page on Catster. Watch Cat is diligent about reviewing and responding to each inquiry and taking appropriate action, including the submission of “fix tickets” to the Tech Team, within a reasonable amount of time. Please be sure to include a Pet ID, the email address you use to log in to Catster, your Browser version, operating system, and a detailed description of the problem you are having and in which area of the site. A screen shot, if available, is also very helpful. =; If you've already received a "fix" from the Tech Cats or have helpful information to share with other Catsters in the Forums who are having similar issues with the site, by all means, "paw it forward" so that other members may benefit! And remember, keep all discussions in the Forums, in the |:|“Spirit of Catster, fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.”|:| Much meow, Catster HQ |^|
    edited 21 June, 2010
    Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Catster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

edited 21 June, 2010
    Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Catster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

18910111214»