having an issue!

Kristina Baucom-EaganKristina Baucom-Eagan connersvilleMember Posts: 1
edited 28 June, 2010 in Behavior & Training
i am a 6 yr old very long haired inside kitty. i have been litter trained my whole life cuz my mommy made sure i would be trained. she has had me since i was less than a week old. i have never had a problem goin to the potty outside of the box till now. i started to defecate in various spots in the house. i have very long hair so when i lick all over myself i swallow some of the hair. i had a long bit of hair half inside my rear and half out. so my mommy had to do kind of a little bit of surgery to get it out. i am licking myself there so much it is red and irritated. could it be that my anal glands are impacted? or anxiety? can someone pls give me some ideas???

Comments

• Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Have the vet check the glands. Tigger was licking & scooting around. Had them expressed, and he is fine now. Vet said to try & up his fiber, so I found these little low sodium, low fat fiber fishies treats he likes.
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 28 June, 2010
    Here is a link on annal glands issues that Tigger brought up. :-h http://www.peteducation.com/whats_the_matter.cfm Here is a link on inappropiate elimination http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2174&aid=158 Not quite sure what you meant on creative surgery, mol, but just wanted to let you know, or anyone that may be reading the post, you should never never pull out anything that is hanging out their bee-hind, like string, or a hunk of fur, or anything at all. This could cause internal damage. Depending on what it is and what the situation is, the best you can do, is cut it flush with the cats back end, so its not going to catch on anything and rip out, and/or give petromalt, to encourage it to pass, in any case, you should always call the vet, and let him/her tell you what to do, or if they want to see the cat for an x-ray. I meant a general you, mol, not you you. :D Its also possible Dominoe is constipated, and associates the pain of trying to poop, with the cat box, which they frequently do. Do the poops look hard? What do you feed and what kind of fiber do you feed? You can also ask your vet about Metimucile, the unflavored, sugar free one. Believe it was 1/4 teaspoon once a day, its been awhile, but had to temp go that route once, but ask you vet about it. :D Its also possible, Dominoe has hair balls, and is getting clogged inside because of them, do you give a hairball remedy like Petromalt once a week? :D Just some things I thought of, hope she is feeling better soon. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D =;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;=;