Simon has gone spookish on me!

Kris NessKris Ness Olympia, WAMember Posts: 2
edited 1 July, 2010 in Behavior & Training
My 3 yr old big black cat has suddenly become afraid of his own shadow. He plays with the dog, the 2 other cats, hangs in the barn with the 2 goats. He has never been social around strangers, LOVES me, loves my spousal unit, and likes our housesitter. But lately, he comes in the house, and jumps when he sees shoes, a new water bowl, even his own food bowl. So, it's "jump, crouch, sniff, look again, another crouch and sniff". Is he losing his mind? Is this normal? He recently had a full blood work up (songbird fever/salmonella, I am sorry to say), and he went through the full antibiotic treatment. Vet thinks he's OK. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Comments

• Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 1 July, 2010
    Maizy has had issues with The Dad's shoes like that, and recently my flip flops completely freak her out. Maybe he just got spooked by something, and it wil take a while. I removed the offending shoes & she has been fine, except for the flip flops - I don't get it - but at least you know your not alone. Maybe the antibiotics made him a little "squirrely" and he will settle down. Not much help, I know but I can relate.