chewing

Stephanie JabStephanie Jab Dog ParkMember Posts: 126
edited 1 July, 2010 in Behavior & Training
So Manson has been in our house for about a month now and he is overall a great cat. The only problem we are currently having is that he likes to chew, everything. He goes into the garbage to get bags, has been chewing through cords, the couches and even is chewing the dog's bones. Anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this or even possibly toys that can help him? Ty. :D

Comments

• Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 28 June, 2010
    I have seen chew sticks for cats at Drs Foster & Smith. There are also teething type toys out there too. Hope that helps! Please make sure to keep your garbage can covered, so he cannot get into the bags or garbage & either eat something that will make him sick or ingest the plastic.
  • Stephanie JabStephanie Jab Dog ParkMember Posts: 126
    edited 29 June, 2010
    yes, we have shut the bathroom doors so he is unable to get to them anymore and have hidden the others..ty for your help!
    edited 29 June, 2010
    Maybe you could try one of those citrus type sprays to deter chewing on unwanted things.
  • ericka deciutiisericka deciutiis los angelesMember Posts: 193
    edited 30 June, 2010
    Mommy tried one of those sprays on me. The joke was on her, though, because I LIKED it! MOL. Mom thought it had gone bad or something, so she put a little on her tongue. haha! she sure didn't like that!
    edited 1 July, 2010
    Another thought as weird as this may seem - maybe he has a vitamin deficiency? My daughter's roomate's cat was continuously licking a limestone statue, and it was discovered that she had anemia. I just wonder if he is chewing due to a low vitamin level of some sort.