Ceramic or Stainless Steel drinking fountains?

JessicaJessica Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
edited 5 July, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
Maus has FLUTD, and as those automatic water fountains are said to help, I had bought a drinkwell fountain for him. Unfortunately, the plastic caused his chin to have a lot of acne and irritation and I had to return it. Do any fountains for cats exist that are ceramic or steel, are easy to maintain, and won't break the bank?

Comments

• Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 2 July, 2010
    We have this ceramic bowl so we can recommend this one.All 3 boys including baby Ollie love it. Because we are in Canada not everything is available to us or the shipping cost makes it impossible. There is a cheaper ceramic one at Amazon. There are mostly positive reviews on site. There are other ones in the break the bank price range. Plus Drinkwell 360 has one which I wanted but I was told by someone I trust that they have not purrfected it yet.(It is their first stainless steel.) Good luck, let us know what you decide.
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 5 July, 2010
    :-h Like Milo & Family, we have the Hammacher ceramic pet fountain. It is easy to put in the dishwasher, it is quiet and nice looking. We love it and so does Mommy. Hammacher has their great guarantee also. =; P.S. We tried the Drinkwell 360 Stainless steel fountain and would not recommend it. It was hard to keep clamped together and it started rusting on us. Same thing happened to some friends of ours. Maybe others have had better luck with it but not us.