AUTOMATIC FEEDERS - ANY ONE USE THEM??

Linda AbramsLinda Abrams Joanna, SC 29351Member Posts: 555 ✭✭
edited 17 July, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
Mom is thinking about getting us an automatic feeder to feed us small meals at preset times during the day. She worries if she is going to be away for several hours. As usual, when Mom has questions she comes here for answers. Can somecat out there recommend an automatic feeder that keeps food cold. This July in the South and Mom doesn\'t want the food to spoil. We looked on Amazon and Ebay but most of the feeders didn\'t specify if there was an ice pack. :?:?

Comments

• Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 13 July, 2010
    I think the Catmate brand uses ice packs :-k The PetSafe 5 compartment feeder works well but I've never used ice packs with it. Some people say that small ice packs can be used :? Maybe you can freeze canned food first and put the frozen chunks into the compartments? :-k
  • Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 14 July, 2010
    This is the one we use when we go away for overnight. Ice packs can be put in the bottom of this. click here How many hours are you actually gone for??
  • Diane HooperDiane Hooper Member Posts: 314
    edited 14 July, 2010
    I have this one, which does have packs in the bottom that you can fill with water and freeze. Pookie will eat dry food out of it (he scoops it out with his paw), but I don\'t dry feed anymore and he wouldn\'t eat the canned out of it. I\'m not sure if he just doesn\'t like putting his face in the small compartments or what. :? http://www.petco.com/product/14406/Ergo-Systems-8-Day-Auto-Pet-Feeder.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch Good luck!
  • Victoria TalbotVictoria Talbot VegasMember Posts: 11
    edited 17 July, 2010
    Freezing the cat food works really well if you're worried about spoilage. I have a 5 compartment feeder and we used to fill it up with the frozen food and it would thaw in about 3 hours.