Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

The butt wiggle

Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
edited 28 July, 2010 in Behavior & Training
It\'s been a long time since we\'ve had a toy so good that Isabelle will do the butt wiggle for it. You know, the \"I am *so* going to get you!!!\" wiggle that preceeds an attack. :)) It\'s a dumb old toy that I remade into a dangly thing with a twisty tie on the end (yes, a twisty tie) and it is the bomb!! I swear she has gotten more exercise in a week than the entire last year! Yay! ;c; And, I admit, I am completely entertained by her play methods with this thing. :-$ Who else has a notorious wiggle when playing? Tail twitches? Eyes like an owl? :))!

Comments

• janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 26 April, 2010
    You have to understand, first, that I'm old, and rarely play much any more, but every nowand then something catches my attention, and Meowma always gets the giggles because my tail will stick out absolutely straight behind me, and just barely , I guess you would say vibrate, while I'm playing with whatever. Usually, it's a little flashlight beam or sun spot. I'm old fashioned and won't even look at the laser dot, though. (By playing, I'm not counting wallowing like a fool when i get catnip!)
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 26 April, 2010
    Maizy's ears will get a little flat and she just gets this look - then she kind of stomps her back feet like she is winding up for the kill. She likes to jump for pompom balls, and she has her "get ready" stance, we usually play on the bed, and she gets some air! And always, it is a double paw grab, no matter what it is. Tigger usually has this certain mrowf noise he makes before taking off on his "crazies" run or when playing. They are just all so cute. How can you not love a cat?
  • Rebecca NowakRebecca Nowak Orange County, NYMember Posts: 1,397
    edited 26 April, 2010
    Smudge\'s whole back end and tail vibrate in the most amazing way when he is happy and wants to let you know that (+ get attention). He almost looks like a cartoon cat because you wouldn\'t think that a real cat could vibrate so quickly. It\'s very cute, but I\'ve kind of always wondered if he was an intact male if he would be spraying when doing this.
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 26 April, 2010
    Are you talking about a twisty tie, like the plastic ones on the bread, or the paper twisty tie, with the metal in it, like you would use for garbage bags? Either way, they are very unsafe. If she should bite off part of it and swallow it, it could perferate a gut, either way, its major vet bills. Leave it to me, to be a wet blanket, on a fun post, mol, but I couldn't not say anything, and then read later, she ate part of it, and now is sick. Ya all can yell at me, if ya want to, mol, we all know how overly pickey I am, mol. :-h :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
    edited 26 April, 2010
    Oh Bumpurr ...! ;) You have a good point, and yes, it\'s the metal twisty covered in paper. I\'m not too worried because she simply doesn\'t eat her toys (they last forever) and we only play with it together so I know she\'s not getting hurt. Do you have any toys that make Bumpurr or crew go nuts-o? :))
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 27 April, 2010
    They love the wand feather toys! When I am packing for a show, they will get in the show box, and dig them out, and carry them around the house, I have to go looking for them, mol. :)) They also love the laser light. They can be sleeping in one room, and me watching TV in another, with the TV kinda loud. All I have to do, is click it on. They hear the click, and come running. They run like crazy boys chasing it, its so cool to watch them. :))
  • Shani BensmanShani Bensman Member Posts: 9
    edited 27 July, 2010
    Tajar does the butt wiggle as well and it is super adorable! He does the wiggle when stalking his cat dancer. :)
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 27 July, 2010
    Zack has the cutest butt wiggle. Zoey has a little wiggle too. I love watching them when they are getting ready to pounce to go after their prey, even when it might be each other. :)) My kitties love the wand toys too. I bring them out a couple of times a day. They get so excited every time. Good workout for them too. |^| |^|
  • terri echolsterri echols kalamazooMember Posts: 4,758
    edited 27 July, 2010
    i know now that kaya is finally starting to PLAY with little wesley (our new baby)--she crouches around a corner with her butt wiggling and then she pounces! and kaya has a big ol\' orange butt (14-15 pound cat), so it\'s hard to miss that particular harvest moon;) it\'s also fun to watch jadyn skitter, spider-walk, run like a crab at super-speed, whatever it is she\'s doing when she somehow gets alarmed while being playful and navigates around the room at ninety miles an hour sideways, diagnonally, at weird angles, apparently on her toes. yes, she\'s an adult cat-does it help that she\'s a pixie-version of an adult cat? jadyn is six pounds one ounce and has apparently decided to stay there. :?
  • Jennifer NovakJennifer Novak DC (But my heart is still in BMember Posts: 595
    edited 27 July, 2010
    Coop's mastered the butt wiggle -- especially if he's "hunting mice." And his tail is sooooo epressive! He does the "question mark" most of the time, but he raises and lowers it in play. He's too funny to watch!:D Purrs, Coop's Mom
  • Kori LugarKori Lugar LubbockMember Posts: 104
    edited 27 July, 2010
    Solo does the butt wiggle when he's in what I like call "lion mode". He loves to stalk his "prey" and then do the butt wiggle riiiiight before he pounces. He's so ferocious ;)
  • Kelly M-Kelly M- Member Posts: 779
    edited 28 July, 2010
    Hunter does the butt wiggle. He starts out slowly, then almost "revs up" for the attack!! he will actually lift his hind legs, so his butt gets more..air? lol However, he only does this when he attacks the dog. I have yet to find a toy Hunter will do the butt wiggle for. :-k
  • Sarah ClarkSarah Clark Ruston, AustinMember Posts: 689
    edited 28 July, 2010
    AnnaBelle dose the but wiggle. She will do it when she is about to pounce on Misty, or when she sees a sun spot, or for any number of wand toys. She also likes to stand with her hind legs over her mice, stomp on them, but wiggle, then throw them with her hind legs up in the air and catch them in her mouth. Its the funniest thing to watch! Ive never successfully caught it on film though. Misty but wiggles all the time, especially when she is stalking AnnaBelle or going after a feather toy. It can be any feather toy. She loves her feathers! I have seen both cats do the "ferret run" - sideways, on their toes, with tails all poofy, running at top speed. They sure are fast! When AnnaBelle was a kitten I had a roommate who had a ferret, and they would both do the "ferret run" towards each other. They actually played very nicely together, but I always kept AnnaBelle on a harness and leash just in case.