Pet Alive UTI Free

Tigger RobertsTigger Roberts Member Posts: 1
edited 17 August, 2010 in Cat Health
Has anyone ever used the product Pet Alive UTI Free? It is a homeopathic herbal formula to control urinary tract issues in cats. My 8 year old female just had her 2nd bout w/UTI in the last 3 weeks. My vet says the product is hog wash but there are many people who swear by it. My cat has never before had this problem, and my vet has now switched her from Iams Weight Control (which she has been on forever because she loves to eat!) to Royal Canin Urinary SO 33. I can not afford $175 every two weeks for vet bills and meds, so if this happens again I'm thinking about trying UTI Free. Anyone have any luck with the product?

Comments

• Jennifer HearinJennifer Hearin Member Posts: 1,939
    edited 17 August, 2010
    Hi Nice Kitty :D I don\'t know anything about that product. It may be helpful, or it may not. Although I am a bit leery about some of these herbal cure remedies you can find online. There are several diabetes herbal products online that are scams and ripoffs - and some of these companies have gotten warnings from the FDA. I don\'t know anything this company, but I wanted to mention that. And you do need to be careful with some products because you don\'t know if the herbs or ingredients could be harmful. But again, I don\'t know - it could be beneficial. But, the most natural and best (imo) way to help with urinary issues is to feed quality, meat-based, high protein WET food. Here are a couple of links with some more info: Catinfo.org Urinary Tract Health, click here. Very detailed, but excellent info from a vet. FelineOutreach.org Urinary Problems, click here.
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    edited 17 August, 2010
    I agree with Gump that you might do better by switching her to an all wet diet, rather than spending money on Royal Canin.