RIP Cimba Kitty

Patricia JacquesPatricia Jacques StratfordMember Posts: 8
The weekend before Christmas, Cimba kitty passed away. I remember mom ranting on about a vet that didn't know what they were talking about, and her sitting on the floor holding Cimba and crying. He seemed so weak and unresponsive, and he wouldn't eat. When mom took him to a different vet the next day, they told her he'd have to stay there and has a liver and kidney disease. It all happened so quickly, and he got lots of cuddles the day before. But, he never came home. I've heard mom telling people what happened. She says that she took him to get his shots updated just before she took me and asked about his weight loss. He went from 16 lbs down to 12 lbs and the vet said it's nothing to be concerned about and sent them home. They were having trouble getting him to eat off and on, and just chocked it up to stress and plain kitty pickyness, trusting what the vet had said. I'm glad I go to a different vet, thats for sure. Mom wasn't dealing with it too well and I think she's really lonely.. I'm not the most affectionate of cats and can't provide the same kind of comfort Cimba could. After a few days of me driving mom and dad nuts, they went out and came back smelling of all different animals. I guess my persistant meowing and confusion about where Cimba went concerned them. When I started carrying around his old toys they knew how much I miss him. Now everytime they go out they come home smelling like a pretty female kitty. Mom's been brushing me a lot and saying I have to look handsome for the new arrival and that brushing me will make me look lean. I wonder what she means?

Comments

• Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 16 September, 2009
    I am so sorry about Cimba. It's so difficult when you don't have time to mentally prepare yourself for such a big loss. Then again, I had about a year to get ready for Abbie's passing on to heaven and I still wasn't ready. I'm glad you'll be getting a new friend. It sounds like your parents are doing it the right way - letting you get used to her smell before they bring her home. No one will ever take Cimba's place, but having a new kitty around can make everyone a little less sad. And you will all find that your hearts are infinitely more expansive than you thought. The new kitty will find a previously undiscovered spot in your and your parents' hearts to occupy. Just like you've got your very own spot. My deepest sympathies to all of you. Abbie's mom (Jenna)
  • Phyllis JohnsonPhyllis Johnson BeaumontMember Posts: 3,147
    We're so sorry for your family's lose and the vet's inability to find Cimba's problems. You're all in our puuurrrayers. We are very excited for the new little furperson coming to live with you. We hope y'all hit it off right away. What an exciting way to begin a new year. Tiger and Sparkle
  • Victoria KingVictoria King LawrenceburgMember Posts: 203
    I also had kidney failure, and my mom is sorry for your mom's loss. Your mom is not alone, and she will meet you again one day.