Shadow going to the Vet today

Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
edited 26 August, 2010 in Cat Health
Wish us luck, we are going to a new Vet today. Shadow is limping, one of her claws grew into her pad just a little bit. I know I missed it, bad mom!! I did get it cut out safely, no bleeding or anything. This happened quite some time ago. We just moved, and we now have hardwood floors, and I noticed her limping. I feel so bad. I hope she is going to be ok. She still does get sudden urges to run around still though, so im not sure if this really hurts her alot or not. I sure hope this vet office is good.

Comments

• Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 24 August, 2010
    Hey Shadow! Sorry you're limping, maybe it's just a mild boo boo! We hope you like your new vet and we'll be purraying it's nothing serious. We have hardwood floors too and zoom all over the place. Momma just ripped out the carpets earlier this summer because they were gross and stinky and now we all feel better. Good luck! Let us know what happens.=;
  • edited 24 August, 2010
    Awww Shadow... I hope your new vet is nice, and you feel better soon. |:|
  • Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 24 August, 2010
    Aww Shadow, we're sending many purrs you feel better soon and that your new vet is wonderful!
  • Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Thanks everyone, Shadow was such a good girl at the Vet. The Vet was really nice. She checked her paw, and also checked her joints etc, for arthritis. She said it could be just the scar tissue that has formed, or she could take some Glucosamine for pain and arthritis. So no real definitve answers. So I may start her on some Glucosamine. They do sell some stuf called Resolve, but im sure I can get it cheaper at the health food store. What I really hated about going to the vet was sitting waiting, and watching all these people come in to buy all that prescription food, and hearing the conversations, ugh!! I just wanted to scream out, so frustrating!!! Thanks for the Purrs |^|
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Shadow, we're so glad you had a good visit and it doesn't seem serious. I know what you mean about the waiting room. That happens to us too and it's awful. Makes you want to hand out pamphlets or something!
  • Sarah ClarkSarah Clark Ruston, AustinMember Posts: 689
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Glad that the vet said you are OK shadow, and that she was nice. Maybe we should start sneaking pamphlets in and putting them in the magazines :))
  • Rebecca NowakRebecca Nowak Orange County, NYMember Posts: 1,397
    edited 25 August, 2010
    We hope that Shadow feels better soon! Glad nothing was seriously wrong! Our vet is that way with the Science Diet foods too. They even have free samples sitting out for people to take, oh boy! Purrs to you! Shade
  • edited 25 August, 2010
    Yay! I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. Reception areas & waiting rooms... ugh... My peeve is the "informational" posters about weight & dental health. I have nothing else to stare at in the exam room. *shudder*
  • BROOKE LOWRYBROOKE LOWRY TampaMember Posts: 6,037
    edited 25 August, 2010
    Shadow, glad your vet visit was successful, and I certainly know what you mean about all the prescription food. I love my Western med vet, but boy do I hate all that prescription food everywhere. In fact, one of the things I love best about my holistic vet, who I use for backups, consultations, and second opinions, is that there is not a bag of Science-Fiction Diet anywhere on the premises. :))
  • Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 26 August, 2010
    The holistic vet I found, 2 different ones actually are too far away for me to take my cats to. If it was just Shadow it would be ok, but Wilson gets very stressed and pants and poops everywhere when I take him to the vet. :( So I guess Im going to have to put up with looking at all the prescription food, but next time Im going to bring small cards im going to make up with cat nutrition info on it. My brother is a sign maker so I can make them pretty proffesional looking. :) then I just have to figure out how to give them to people.:-k
    edited 26 August, 2010
    Shadow, you should wear a button that that says, "Ask me about kitty nutrition"! :))
  • Diane HooperDiane Hooper Member Posts: 314
    edited 26 August, 2010
    If it's not raining, maybe you could stick them under the windshield wiper blades of the cars in the parking lot! :):):):)