Merry X-Mas, Fonzie, and all of the Rainbow Bridge kitties.

Lindsay PoveromoLindsay Poveromo Winter SpringsMember Posts: 350
Dear Fonzie, We missed you this Christmas. Your stocking sat empty in the box of Christmas decorations and I didn't know what to do. It didn't seem fair to not get you anything but almost like emotional torture to get you something. We had a portrait of you painted and you look beautiful in it. Those eyes of yours held so much emotion and hope. You were so happy. So content with whatever you could get, and I hope you know we were willing to give you the world. Your sisters all had a wonderful Christmas. They loved all of their toys and their treats. We know they missed you, too, and missed being able to share their goodies with you. We want you to know that since you've been gone, we've been taking such good care of feral kitties just like yourself. Daddy and I became caregivers to several colonies of feral cats and we love and care for them all with all of our hearts. In a way, they are all just like you and we take pride in your memory every day. It was hard, this first Christmas without you, but we made it through. Not without tears, but we made it through. I sat at your gravestone for a few minutes this morning just singing to you and telling you that I love you. I hope that somehow you had a merry Christmas, Fonzie. I love you with all of my heart and soul. Forever and ever, my angel. Forever and ever.

Comments

• Phyllis JohnsonPhyllis Johnson BeaumontMember Posts: 3,147
    edited 16 September, 2009
    I'm sure Fonzie had a wonderful time at the Bridge this Christmas. You wrote a beautiful tribute to him. Now all our faces are wet... : )
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Your Fonzie went to the bridge with all your love in his heart. That was all he needed for Christmas. You are taking such good care of all those special souls who truly need you. Just like you took care of Fonzie. You know he's watching out for you and waiting until the day he gets to see you again. This was my first Christmas without Abbie and it was really tough. Binks and Matilda made it a bit easier because they took over Abbie's positions as wrapping paper destroyer and bow thief. But I still missed my sweet, cuddly baby, and I feel for you in your grief, too.