Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

I have to share, a new food change....

Keri LewisKeri Lewis Member Posts: 113
edited 1 July, 2014 in Food & Nutrition
Hi All! Life has been good as of late. I have to share the latest news regarding my girls. As you all know, Pickles is still eating the vet diet, dry Royal Canin food for calcium oxalate stones. Of course, I'm not thrilled, but she is doing awesome! Cinders my other kitty was battling with hairballs and vomiting for almost 2 months. I was trying to do the wet food thing for her, but regardless of what I would feed, like clockwork, between the hours of 5 and 8 am, she would pass hairballs, and whatever food was in her tummy. I was also giving her petromalt and liqualax. It was getting old real fast. And this was everyday. So, I decided to put her back on what she was eating which was Natural Balance Chicken and Pea dry. Still the vomiting. Plus someone said that methionine was high on the ingredient list. So, I pressed on looking for another high end dry kibble. I decided she needed fiber (yes i know, grains) in her diet again for the hairballs. I found Felidae cat and kitten dry. On the website, it even says its balanced for both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals, which I'd never seen. I brought home a small bag and Cinders went bonkers for it! Loves it! It was overnight, the vomiting seized. It was like magic. I've also switched to Laxatone 3 days a week just to help her out. We are on a week with no vomiting!:h: I also have to say, her coat has drastically improved just in a few days of eating this food. Even when she was eating the wet, her coat was course and dry which was unlike her. Maybe that was linked to the vomiting? Anyways she's smooth and shiny now, like she once was. I am so grateful that she loves it and it works. Thank you Felidae! So finally I can say everyone's happy and healthy!!! Thanks all!

Comments

• Tina HTina H Member Posts: 6,836
    edited 16 September, 2010
    Congratz! ;c; ;c; ;c; I'm glad things worked out for you! ♥
  • Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 16 September, 2010
    That is pawsome news!!! So glad to hear this, thanks for sharing. It's always wonderful to hear that a kitty is stabile and not feeling bad anymore. Hurrayyyy!!! |$|
  • Huey TanHuey Tan Member Posts: 108
    edited 17 September, 2010
    Congratsz on findin your fav. food.~a~
  • Linda AbramsLinda Abrams Joanna, SC 29351Member Posts: 555 ✭✭
    HOORAY, YIPEE, WAY TO GO. ~a~~a~~a~~a~~a~
  • Dawn HarmanDawn Harman SpeedwellMember Posts: 1,079
    We too are glad you found something to eat that does not cause you to throw up. Keep up the good work and please continue to keep us up to date. =; |/h/|
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    So very very glad, you found something that Cinders likes and made his tummy feel better. I can sympathize with what a long journey it is, and how frustrating it is, went thru that with Bump, and we were about of options, when he ate the BW. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D