Anybody know if Halo changed their formula?

Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
edited 27 September, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
Isabelle eats Halo Spots Stew dry in rotation with BB Wilderness, TOTW, and Orijen (I know it\'s not grain-free, but at least decent ingredients) and a couple days ago when I started her on a new bag she decided it\'s not very good. She just wasn\'t enthused about it and ate very little. I figured it was that she was finally over her excessive-hunger stint from recent steroids, but this morning she threw up 3 times and had only eaten a few pieces of her food. :( She hasn\'t thrown up in at least a month and when she does, it\'s generally due to eating grass outside. :-# So I went out and got her more BB, washed her bowl really well, and fed her some wet food (which she ate fine and did not throw up). I was going to call Halo today but then see they\'re a M-F place. :( Anyway, has anyone heard of a formula change? The bag doesn\'t expire until February. :?

Comments

• Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 19 September, 2010
    When I was looking for quality foods, and saw Halo's ad in Cat Fancy, I called the #. All the girl did, was read from some card. I asked questions, and I could tell, she had not a clue, and started reading a card again, not my idea of cust serv, so based on that, did not even try the food. So, unless things have changed, you might not get very far with her. :D BUT...... Ellen Degenerous, owns Halo, so if ya get stuck with that girl, mol, contact Ellen, and if ya get stuck with that, mol, that, I can help you with. :D
  • Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
    edited 20 September, 2010
    Well, whatever it is, Isabelle gave it the big paws-down. She is eating her BB with gusto now :)), so I guess I'll just take Halo out of the rotation.
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 27 September, 2010
    I used to feed Halo salmon. I got a bag that had so much oil in it, that it left wet spots in the bowl & container. I called, and they sent me a new bag, and asked for the other one, but never responded back if there was an issue. They were not really receptive. Maizy started vomiting then, so I took her off it. They seem to do well on Blue Buff Wilderness.