It\'s the 15th anniversary of my Gotcha Day!

Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
edited 1 October, 2010 in Plus Occasions
This is Delyte. Fifteen years ago today, my person found a black cat hiding under her truck in the parking lot of Morris :ibrary at Southern Illinois University. The kitty ran off when she approached, but when she called, "Here, kitty," the kitty came right up to her, she picked him up, and put him in the camper of the truck. She thought he must be someone's pet, as he had a flea collar on and seemed about half-grown. Reader, that kitty was the 12-week-old me!! Apparently I was one of the campus kitties, who lived under buildings on campus, and who were fed by various staff members and students, so we were pretty friendly. Someone even put a flea collar on me, and I had been well fed, because I was very big for a kitten. My person and I have been together ever since, through thick and thin, major surgery, getting lost in the woods, and the arrival of these obnoxious gray kittens. When I came back on my own after hiding in the woods for six days, I realized that great food, soft beds and heating and AC, plus my person, made this a great place to live for the last 15 years. I am so happy to have found her, and she is so glad I am still here! Purrs to all the kitties who have special people who rescued them and love them! :c9

Comments

• Jan NJan N finally home... INMember Posts: 5,065
    edited 11 August, 2010
    Ooooooh, Delyte, what a lovely name an' what a lovely story! Thank yous so-oooooo much fur sharing-- you maked me feel all warm an' fuzzy inside. HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!!!! Many purrrrrs, -Sable. :D
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 August, 2010
    Happy 15th Gotcha Day, Delyte! =D>=D>=D> Love ya! Apollo, Athena and Aragorn ;P%:D%:P~a~|bb||/h/|;P%:D%:P~a~|bb||/h/|
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 12 August, 2010
    Happy 15TH GOTCHA DAY, Delyte. Hope you have many more years to celebrate with your purrson. The New Orleans Kitties and Auntie Faye;c;:c9%:D%=D>
  • Janet WestJanet West StroudMember Posts: 2,239
    edited 12 August, 2010
    Happy Day, dear Delyte and Shelley.....may you share many, many more together....... Much love Jan and furry family
  • Valerie McMullenValerie McMullen PhoenixMember Posts: 35,411
    edited 26 August, 2010
    Happy 15th Gotcha Day!!! ;P|bb|:P|/h/||:|~a~;P;P|/h/||$| What a pawsome story! So happy you have a furever home where the love is never ending!! :D:D:D
  • Debra PietrowskiDebra Pietrowski Sussex CountyMember Posts: 1,833
    edited 1 September, 2010
    Awwww that was a cute story ! Happy 15th Gotcha Day to you Delyte Bless you and your mommy :D Lets do a Happy Dance |/h/| Hugs|:|
  • Lydia SklovenLydia Skloven Member Posts: 13
    edited 1 October, 2010
    What a luck cat you are! Our persons are the best>;c;