Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Another vet\\\'s take on cat food

BROOKE LOWRYBROOKE LOWRY TampaMember Posts: 6,037
edited 2 October, 2010 in Food & Nutrition
Check it out ... Vet\'s take on cat food

Comments

• Marie CallinMarie Callin Member Posts: 494
    edited 28 September, 2010
    I'm glad that there is another vet trying to get the word out! As a sidenote: the vet I am volunteering at...they recommend Pedigree dog food (yuck!!!). Most vets know zilch about pet nutrition so its very nice to actually hear of one that knows something! Those dogs at the vet that are fed Pedigree look horrible:( Yet it seems to be that the vet thinks the dogs look "normal" so they are considered healthy:(
  • BROOKE LOWRYBROOKE LOWRY TampaMember Posts: 6,037
    I agree, Mo - I was super excited to find this video. =;
  • Shannon HeronShannon Heron Member Posts: 40
    What a great video. I want to high-five this woman. I'm gonna post this on Facebook.
  • Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 30 September, 2010
    Unfortunatley I could only hear it but not see it because she had this huge pop up thing telling me to subscribe to her newsletter and I couldn't get rid of it at all. I couldn't even read the articles. :?
    I think you'd be able to unsubscribe after but personally, I don't think I will because I've found several other videos by her very fascinating.
  • Jennifer HearinJennifer Hearin Member Posts: 1,939
    I had the same problem, Lacey. I could hear it but couldn't watch the video without signing up, which was a bit annoying. But there was great info on this; this vet is right on with feline nutrition! It's always good to hear a vet who gets it! =;
    I probably will sign up, I do like her. I think I have a couple of links to her on my site as well so I'll do it!! =;
    I did find it annoying though that you HAVE to sign up just to see the video or read anything. Pooey! :))
  • Marie CallinMarie Callin Member Posts: 494
    Hmm, I've never had that problem. I do "like" her on facebook - maybe that makes it so I can see all the things without registering???
  • BROOKE LOWRYBROOKE LOWRY TampaMember Posts: 6,037
    I didn't register for anything and I could see it fine. :?
    edited 1 October, 2010
    you can also watch the Youtube channel without having to sign up obviously. :) But again, i like the newsletters I get.
  • Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 2 October, 2010
    We couldn't see it either but how amazing - a vet who "gets it"! Yay!!
    edited 2 October, 2010
    Dyna kitties, they must have put that sign up thing right after you saw it and posted about it. You lucky dog, ER, I mean kitties! :))