Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

We Need A Kitty That Can Make A Blog or Website, Its Extremly Important

Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
edited 18 October, 2010 in What I Love About Catster
Toulouse and I want to create a blog or website, whatever its called, for Athena, where we can put up pictures, well wishes, messages of support, or whatever you want to say, for her mommy. We have not a clue how to do this. :-k Can some knowledgeable kitty help us with this? We want this to be a surprise for her, please pawmail Bump, if you can help. I put this in this section, as it gets the most traffic, and I really cannot imagine someone having a prob with this. Thanks! =;

Comments

• Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 16 October, 2010
    Bump :D
  • Hashini GunasingheHashini Gunasinghe Member Posts: 121
    edited 16 October, 2010
    Hi Bumpurr Mommy says you can use blogger.com. Its free and you can click on create a blog and it'll guide you step by step on creating a blog. You have to have a google account but if you don't you can make one for free too. With this service you can choose from on of their preset templates or customize your own. Mommy also knows they're are other blogging websites to use but she's most familiar with blogger.com. If you want to make a website, there's webs.com mommy hasn't used it herself but she's checked it out before and it looks pretty easy. You sign up, pick a template (that you can customize later), and you're on your way. No computer science knowledge needed! For some strange reason catster won't let mommy message, it keeps on telling her to make a cat profile even though she already has made them for us. But mommy says if you have any questions she'll be glad to answer them on this thread.
  • Sarah ClarkSarah Clark Ruston, AustinMember Posts: 689
    edited 17 October, 2010
    Bump it all depends on what type of thing you want, and how you want to moderate it, who you want to have access to add/post content, ect. One option- create a Facebook Group, then people can add pictures and post on the discussion, and can be invited/granted those privlages that way. Another option, create a blogger like was suggested, either on that site, or another. Another option, create a site from scratch or from a template. This would require registering a domain ($15/year) finding hosting (depends on where you go). So I guess it all depends on how complicated you want to make things, if you want a free site, hosted site, everyone to have access, ect ect.
    edited 17 October, 2010
    OK, I created one, well, I guess you could call it the frame, but I have no idea, how to add pictures, put them where I want them, or add a song, or do anything. Yes there are instructions, but they might as well be written in Greek. Toulouse and I wanted this to be a surprise for Athena's mommy, well, I guess the blog no longer is, since I have to ask for help, but the blog itself will be. Can some nice kitty, PLEASE, help me build this blog for Athena. :?
  • Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 17 October, 2010
    Pm me the link I will help you add pics and music. I have done this before.
  • Deb CainDeb Cain Member Posts: 14,035
    edited 17 October, 2010
    Holler if you need any help.
  • Michelle BrunnerMichelle Brunner BlairsvilleMember Posts: 11,194
    edited 17 October, 2010
    Bumper, mom has a google account, but she forgets her username and password. I can try following these instructions tonight and see what I come up with...:-k Keep searching for an expert though to bail me out if I get stuck. We'll get this made, I promise!=;
    edited 17 October, 2010
    I sent the link to Shadow, hopefully, he can finish building it for us, I told him what I wanted, and that he can create anything else he wants. When he finishing building it, I will write the story, I know what I want to say. Very depressed tonight, first Athena, then Dallas loses to Minnesota, same story, too many penalties and mistakes, now they are 1-4, well this weekend sure sucked. :(( Well, at least if Shadow can finish building the blog, will make me feel better, doing this for Athena's mommy has given me great pleasure, can't wait to put the story up, I hope you kitties will like it. Have to give credit to Toulouse, he thought of doing this, and I at least got the frame up, and with Shadow's help, we will get it finished. Best of all, tomorrow is Bump's birthday! He will be 4 yrs old, not bad for a kitten that was not supposed to live past 1 yr old, look for his post in the Kitten section, I feel its fitting to put it in there, as he was 10 months old, when it happened.
  • Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 18 October, 2010
    Hey Bump Shadow is a she, and so am I mol!!! Getting right on that just PM'd you :)
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 18 October, 2010
    Happy Birthday Bump! ;P:P And Minnesota winning is a GOOD thing! =;