Preparing for LONG travel...

Jamie McKeelJamie McKeel GlendaleMember Posts: 7
edited 4 January, 2007 in Cats & Travel
Hi there! OK, so I have decided to bring Miss Kitty with me to Korea. I got her the airline approved, Sherpa bag and have placed it in my room, open, for her to explore. Does anyone have any other suggestions for making her transition (AND FLIGHT) more bearable? She gets VERY nervous and has accidents in her carrier. I am going to get some Feliway to spray in her carrier before we go. Also, what kind of documentation do I need? Just her proof of health and rabies vaccination from the vet? Any thoughts are helpful.

Comments

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 2 January, 2007
  • Maria VMaria V Member Posts: 179
    edited 4 January, 2007
    Miss Kitty, Mom brought me out of China and we think Cathay pacific accepts animals small enough to be put under your seat. My carrier was squishable and I had to fly from Shanxi to Beijing (as cargo because they dont allow pets on board) for my papers like quarantin and passport. Make sure that your mommy also puts a used shirt in your carrier. Your mommy's smell will help calm you. Mom had tuna in her purse as well and wipes in case there were accidents. Good luck and make suure you have all your shots and vet papers.