Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Is the Catit Drinking fountain any good?

Adele DoucetAdele Doucet MemramcookMember Posts: 182
edited 9 January, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
I've been thinking of buying the Catit Drinking fountain for my cats... I would just like to know if I should get it or not! I have 3 cats and they drink alot, I thought, if it was worth it, maybe I should get it!

Comments

• shannon szuszalskishannon szuszalski ABQMember Posts: 1,542
    edited 7 January, 2007
    Mom says it is a pain to clean, but I love, love, love my fountain. Not only do we like to drink out of it, but I love to watch the water and stick my paw in and watch and watch!! I would recommend it, as a cat. I don't know if my mom likes it soo much, because it is hard to take apart and put back together for cleaning. She does it, though, because we love it. She says you have to change the filters often too, so consider the cost of those.
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 7 January, 2007
    We LOVE our Catit fountain. It\'s just me and my sister here but with both have different drinking habits and this fountain works for both of us. I like to lick the water off of the bowl. I drink so much more water these days because I can lick the way I like. My sister LuLu likes a conventional bowl. This has a small filtered reserve bowl too so we are both happy. Mom cleans it once a week and changes the filter the recomended once a month. Sometimes it seems to only last 3 weeks. For the two of us she has to fill it about 2 or 3 times a week. Good luck!
  • Adele DoucetAdele Doucet MemramcookMember Posts: 182
    edited 7 January, 2007
    Thanks for the advice! I'm not sure what my mommy will do... It might be a bit expensive.. But I think it worth it! Does it filter constently the water?
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 8 January, 2007
    Yep, the water is continuously flowing and gets filtered all the time. It is also a very quiet fountain. Make sure when you buy it you chck that you can buy filters too. They come 3 in a box. Our local grocery store just started carrying the filters.
  • Dolores LenzDolores Lenz MissionMember Posts: 341
    edited 8 January, 2007
    Love the Catit fountain!!! It is quiet and we clean it once a week and add about half a cup of water to the fountain each day. We starting drinking from it immediately. The water is cool and refreshing! Check around to different stores. We live in Canada and were able to purchase the deluxe model for only $26, instead of $40 at a pet store called \"Pet Food and More\" and the filters were $5.69 for 3.
  • Adele DoucetAdele Doucet MemramcookMember Posts: 182
    edited 8 January, 2007
    Thanks for the information! It's a bummer do! I also live in Canada but there aren't any "Pet Food or More" stores. We only have Pets-unlimited! I will still try to get it! you guys really pursuade me! thanks alot! The only thing is the filters seam a bit expensive so i'm not sure...
  • Sha LiSha Li HammondMember Posts: 390
    edited 8 January, 2007
    We have one, but it easily got stucked and the water got dirty no matter what. Mommy finally took out the motor and used it as a water bowl!
  • Charlene DitnerCharlene Ditner FormosaMember Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    edited 8 January, 2007
    We just got one for Christmas, and we just love it! We are from Canada too, and mom got it from PetValue. It cost around $50.00 but it was worth it. We started drinking from it right away, even Taffy, as finicky as he is. It is a little hard to clean, but not hard to fill. Mommy says we are definitely worth it!
  • Sharon BraatenSharon Braaten Great BarringtonMember Posts: 842
    edited 8 January, 2007
    We have the drinkwell fountain that mom bought on ebay. We absolutely love it. Matilda used to have UTI's and now that she drinks more she is healthier than ever (and she is 17). When mom first set it up I drank for about 10 minutes straight! She buys refill filters on ebay where they are pretty cheap. She also cleans the fountain about once a week. It may seem like a lot of $$ but I think your cats will thank you. Many cats don't drink enough water.
  • kara sprykara spry Member Posts: 2
    edited 9 January, 2007
    I have a different brand of fountain. It is called Petmate fresh flow. I drink alot more water since I got it. It is amazing how quiet it is and my mom thinks it is very easy to clean too.
  • kara sprykara spry Member Posts: 2
    edited 9 January, 2007
    I have a different brand of fountain. It is called Petmate fresh flow. I drink alot more water since I got it. It is amazing how quiet it is and my mom thinks it is very easy to clean too.
  • Melanie SzafranMelanie Szafran Member Posts: 7
    edited 9 January, 2007
    My mommy and daddy bought us the Drinkwell fountain, and I love it. I love to drink out of a running faucet, so I now have my own faucet (sort of) and I don\'t have to wait for someone to turn it on! My sister, Zola, drinks out of the base of the unit, but my sister, Smokey (she\'s a finicky, high-maintenance Momma\'s girl), won\'t drink out of the fountain at all. She has her very own bowl. I guess she doesn\'t like to drink after us! The Drinkwell is a little loud because the waters flows like a faucet would, so the Catit might be quieter. Hope you like your fountain if you get one!!!
  • Julie BennettJulie Bennett TorontoMember Posts: 280
    edited 9 January, 2007
    I got one for Christmas, oh um, WE got one for Christmas. I love it! I drink more, and it serves to entertain me too since I love water. Mommy doesn't mind cleaning it, it is not that hard to take apart plus she figures she would have to be cleaning our old bowl anyways and doesn't have to fill up the fountain as often.