Travelling with kitty?

Stephanie MantzStephanie Mantz West ChesterMember Posts: 1
edited 10 January, 2007 in Cats & Travel
Hi, recently my family situation has changed. My dad now works away from home, so during the weekends my mom and I sometimes go to Virginia to visit. Isabelle likes car trips a lot and seems to adjust really easily to new situations. Would it be a good idea to bring her with us on these short (a few hours long) trips? If I did, any precautions I should know?

Comments

• Chris BradshawChris Bradshaw WichitaMember Posts: 35
    edited 10 January, 2007
    Sounds like Isabelle is the purrfect traveler! Just make sure she has a chance to potty before you leave and bring some dry food with you in case she gets hungry. If she's got a favorite toy or little blanket, put it in the carrier with her. Good luck with your trip and have fun!
  • Ami KrihoAmi Kriho MilwaukeeMember Posts: 7
    edited 10 January, 2007
    Mew mew! I like car trips too, but I hate my carrier! I get scared and I start whining very loudly and swipe my paws out the door, trying to get attention. Usually mommy or daddy hold onto me instead (especially on the very long car trips), but bring my carrier anyway in case they have to make a rest stop or - and this is \'rarely\' the case I assure you - I\'m being a bad kitty. They also pack my litterbox on the floor of the car, that way if I have to go I don\'t mess anything up. If you travel in a carrier and use newspaper, shredding the paper first it is a good idea. That way it doesn\'t slip around as much under your paws and is a bit more comfortable.