shake shake shake that tail!

Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
edited 28 December, 2010 in Behavior & Training
Does anyone elses cat vibrate there tail when there loving on you? Tiny likes to rub on me, purr and shake her tail ( at the base, like when Tom cats mark trees, but she isnt peeing) i read that this means they really adore you, or its her putting her scent on things. she only seems to do it when shes super love mode and purring and rubbing.

Comments

• Stephanie JohnsonStephanie Johnson Member Posts: 556
    edited 23 December, 2010
    Oh yes, Isablle is a \"tail shaker!\" :)) She only does it when I am getting her treats or wet food, then she is rubbing my legs, purring, winding her tail around me, and giving me her famous silent meow. :))! If I feel her tail, it is definitely vibrating! Funny how it\'s reserved only for the really good moments! :c9
  • Kristi BarfieldKristi Barfield CharlotteMember Posts: 75
    edited 23 December, 2010
    I\'ve never seen a full-on tail vibration, before, but I bet it\'s pretty funny to watch! Nova will ocassionally twitch her tail at the base (like a small spasm) but usually it\'s just a twitch here, and a twitch there.
  • Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 23 December, 2010
    I do the "shaky tail" too! ~a~ The only other cat in the house that would do it too was Kahlan.
  • Deborah Elise WhiteDeborah Elise White Member Posts: 84
    edited 24 December, 2010
    Oooh my humans have never seen my tail vibrate, but my mowmy is always looking and hoping because she knows it\'s supposed to be a sign of the greatest love and affection. I\'m not terribly aloof but I don\'t believe I should indulge her neediness...
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 24 December, 2010
    I do this all the time to show my meowmy how much I love her. The others in the family will wave their tails, but I shake, shake, shake that tail!!..MOL.MOL..... And that is why meowmy calls me her "Soul Cat" Emma Barrett Queencat of the Universe
  • JessicaJessica Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 December, 2010
    My sister and I do the same thing! it's our "fake spraying" , as meowmy calls it , mol
  • Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    edited 24 December, 2010
    I shake my tail too! Mommy never new what it meant. I love her very much. xoxoxo
  • Christina MinksChristina Minks 6 miles outside Festus,in the Member Posts: 9
    edited 24 December, 2010
    About half of the Kitty Kommittee are confirmed tail shakers, but there is one that is actually named for her ability. She is Sister Shakes-Her-Tail anytime she catches a human on their \"litter box\" itis time for mega rubs tail shakes and a jump to the humans arms.
  • Keri LewisKeri Lewis Member Posts: 113
    edited 26 December, 2010
    Pickles is a shaker! She especially does this when I rise in the morning before she eats. Usually she sleeps at my head and purrs and purrs in my ear as she cuddles. When I finally go downstairs she follows me doing the shaky tail and muted meow as we call it. Cinder doesn't shake, but she is "always" in love mode, as she is a unique cat in way of her personality. I don't think I have ever met a cat with a fantastic demeanor as her. Pickles is particular as to when she gives affection, and I am her number one! Love my girls so much!:xo:
  • Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 28 December, 2010
    my guess is its eaither her putting her scent on me, or a shake of love. eaither way, its good.