Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Kneading and peeing/wet patch at the same time?

Fely BowenFely Bowen Member Posts: 12
edited 29 December, 2010 in Behavior & Training
Hi. I'd love your thoughts on the following: Kiko kneads on me all the time when we are on the couch. Funnily enough he doesn't really knead on my husband at all. He tends to knead on me and then jump across to sleep on him. If he kneads on my husband it is only for a short time. He used to knead on both of us and now it is just me! (But won't sleep on me anymore?) I've noticed in the last few months he kneads on me quite intensely. As in he goes into a trance and gets upset if I try to pet him at the same time. If I do pet him (once he's in his trance! not right at the start of the kneading but after a few minutes into it) he'll get upset and jump off me. If I just let him be then he can knead for aaages! And lately I've noticed he pees a little bit on me during. I only notice at the end when there is a small wet spot on my jeans. Is this normal? It's kind of gross for me. :-/ For context we've just moved countries and he undertook an approx. 10 hour journey by air and car to his new home. We've been here almost 5 months now and I'd say the house is just recently set-up (stable environment re furniture etc now). Also I'm the one who has been at home most of the time and my husband went straight back to work. Any thoughts? Comments? On anything above greatly appreciated!

Comments

• janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 20 December, 2010
    I surely hope he's neutered. and that the vet got everything :-O Anyway, do you make sure to play with him with toys before/while settling in on the ouch. Being bored might lead to weirdness, but honestly, Idon't really know. Let's hope someone does.
  • Kat WhickerKat Whicker ToledoMember Posts: 1,695
    edited 23 December, 2010
    are you sure its pee? does it smell like pee? cats sometimes drool when there kneding. if your sure its pee, this isnt normal. he needs a vet vist.
  • Keri LewisKeri Lewis Member Posts: 113
    edited 26 December, 2010
    Miss Tiny Burr Burr may be right. My Cinders had a little cold when we had her as a kitten, and when she was on my husbands lap, she sneezed and wet a little. Maybe your kitty has a cold, or uti or something. I'd get him checked asap! Good luck.
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 26 December, 2010
    I was going to suggest that she might be in heat (female kitties can leak a bit at those times), but nope, it's a guy kitty, so that theory's out. No idea, but stress may be a part of it. Stress, believe it or not, is a common cause for UTIs. Just to be safe, I'd get him checked out at the vet's.
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 26 December, 2010
    Huh :-k Human's 4 month old kitten does this too: he kneads and purrs and sometimes leaves a wet spot right under his tail:-O And it is pee. Human once saw him squirt pee out onto her pant leg while kneading away :-/ The vet didn't find anything wrong :? Maybe it's just something kittens do when they are content? Knead, purr, and maybe squirt a little?:-k
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 27 December, 2010
    Hmm, the endless mysteries of cats...when my cats are hungry or lonely, they sometimes nurse on each other--sex of the cat being nursed on is of no consideration. Momcat nurses (hence the kneading motion) and licks away the little ones' boo boos and pee pee. Maybe these dribbles are a sign, like kneading, that your kitty is thinking you're his Mommy. Unfortunately, there's no way to explain to him that you're not. Whether you go to the vet or not is up to you, but you might want to put a blanket or towel on your lap when your cat is kneading in order to catch the drippings.
  • JessicaJessica Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 December, 2010
    Purrhaps kitty is getting "aroused", and the liquid is from that? just sayin'.
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 29 December, 2010
    That's why I said I hope he's fixed, :-/
  • JessicaJessica Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 December, 2010
    booboo: Neutered male cats can get 'aroused' too. doesn't have to be intact :-O our adopted brofur Maus will do that to a few stuffed toys he has. boys! mol.