Yesterday, I got his ashes...

Kaci CKaci C ElyriaMember Posts: 511
It was a sad day, I was glad to finally have him home but sad because I didn\'t want me coming back for him and bringing him home to be this way (seeing one of the last things I told him was I\'d be back for him). I was doing pretty good but yesterday was hard. He came back in such a big tin, when he was alive he could\'ve fit in there. I looked at his ashes and I just couldn\'t believe it used to be my sweet little baby. Soon, Im going to make him up a box with his picture on the front and put him inside. It\'s a little better than being in a cold, tin container I think.

Comments

• shannon szuszalskishannon szuszalski ABQMember Posts: 1,542
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Nikko's mom here. So sorry, I know how hard it is. I lost my two beloved ferrets last year and the two trips to get the ashes were so hard. I think the idea of a box with his picture is a nice one. Our thoughts are with you.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    I have a hard time looking at my babies' ashes, too. My heart is with you.
  • Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    Mommy has our ashes in a little cedar box with our collars on top. She put us in the china cabinet so that nobody would bother us. We love our mommy. Just keep in mind he is safe now. purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    It's Delyte & Stella's person. There is a person around here who makes ceramic urns for ashes and she will make one with a sculpture or raised relief of a cat on it. Let me know and I will try to find her address. I bought a box on ebay that has a statue of a black cat on for my Peri. The box was not big enough for her ashes, so I am adding it to a larger urn, but that sizet might be big enough for Nibbler's. The person who makes them lives in England and is very cat oriented.
  • P IngramP Ingram EaganMember Posts: 7,400
    I am curious, has anyone looked into having the ashes turned into a diamond?? I first saw it on tv and then did some reading, here is one site http://www.lifegem.com/secondary/whatisLG2006.aspx When I put Taz to sleep I seriously considered it, but never followed through. Curious if anyone has done this
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    None of the cats in our family have been cremated yet, the ones who've passed were buried on mom's grandfather's land. But now grandpa's place is gone, his land annexed to the local airport. Mom thinks sometimes that when I leave my physical body, she would have it cremated and she'd like to sprinkle the ashes in Teal Lake, near where I was born and where she and I first found each other. My family and I are with you in your grief, and we know that you'll know in your heart how best to memorialize Nibbler, since it's there, in your heart, where he will live forever.
  • Beth SopkoBeth Sopko New YorkMember Posts: 81
    Although Buddy was cremated last week, I elected not to receive the ashes back, and instead used the money to adopt a kitty who was desperately in need. I think that's the best way I could have used the money, especially since things are pretty financially tight for me at this time. We have many pictures and 20 years of fond memories; I don't feel the new cat is a "replacement" as much as that I offered her a home. Buddy always has a home in my heart.
  • Beth SopkoBeth Sopko New YorkMember Posts: 81
    Although Buddy was cremated last week, I elected not to receive the ashes back, and instead used the money to adopt a kitty who was desperately in need. I think that\'s the best way I could have used the money, especially since things are pretty financially tight for me at this time. We have many pictures and 20 years of fond memories; I don\'t feel the new cat is a \"replacement\" as much as that I offered her a home. Buddy always has a home in my heart.
  • Kaci CKaci C ElyriaMember Posts: 511
    Thank you everyone for your support and sharing your stories. I really appreciate it. I also appreciate the rosettes, stars, and PM's I've been getting and I will write back to all of you as soon as I get the chance but right now I just wanted to let everyone know how much it all means to me. Also, someone mentioned the diamonds. I have heard of that and I really wish I could afford to have that done, i think it is a wonderful way to have your special friend with you always and forever. They are very pretty too, but very expensive (for me). Maybe someday, in the future If i come into lots of money lol!
  • Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    Our thoughts are with you, Nibbler, Mom and Family. Kiki's ashes are in a cedar box with a gold nameplate with her name engraved. I got her cremated at a place near here. They picked her up at the vet's office then brought her back for me to pick up. She is on top of the tv in the living room so she can keep an eye on us! I had researched about the diamond thing, but it seemed quite expensive. It's been years ago though; maybe I should research it again.
  • Lowell VincentLowell Vincent ChildersburgMember Posts: 219
    He's certainly a cute kitten. I'm sorry for your pain.
  • Pat BeckPat Beck Spokane/SouthhillMember Posts: 878
    Mom posted yesterday, and gave you three links to sites that do Pet Urns and have Cat Shaped Urns. The post isn\'t here, was Mom wrong to post the links? Anyway if you type Pet Urns, or more specifically, Cat Shaped Urns, into your Browser, you\'ll bring up a number of sites. If you have a Pet Cemetary in your area, they should have several selections, too, and there is a lot of price range. (Yes the Diamonds are very expensive, beautiful, but pricey). If you\'re anything like Mom and had that much money available, she\'d rather donate to a Shelter or Rescue Group, in my name. When I was creamated, Mom brought my ashes home in a beautiful, Granite like, urn, that looks like an oriental Cat. I wasn\'t an Oriental, but, it sure is pretty. We all send our Hugs to Nibler\'s Mom, and I love little Nibler, I\'m keeping a special eye on him, here at the Bridge. Heidi
  • Martha EubanksMartha Eubanks Member Posts: 7,349
    The day mommy picked up my ashes was a hard day for her. She knows how you feel. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I will look out for you up here at the bridge.
  • Caro ZunigaCaro Zuniga Member Posts: 9
    Jill Marie and I are really sorry about Nibbler. So is our human mommy.We will pray for you and give you and your family all the support you need.God bless you today and always. Love you 4 ever, Jamie Noel. P.s. Do you know the cause of dead?
  • Caro ZunigaCaro Zuniga Member Posts: 9
    Jill Marie and I are really sorry about Nibbler. So is our human mommy.We will pray for you and give you and your family all the support you need.God bless you today and always. Love you 4 ever, Jamie Noel. P.s. Do you know the cause of dead?
  • Roxann RobbinsRoxann Robbins Member Posts: 3,268
    My cremains have been back home for about a month now. I have a simple polished pine box that looks like a little casket. The people at the crematory were very respectful and nice to my mommy and me. I'll always be around to look after things. *your guardian angel* Biscuit