Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Switching to good food

Steph O'MearaSteph O'Meara MesquiteMember Posts: 111
edited 13 January, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Hi guys! We're new to the forums, Roland and I. The person who helps me manage my Catster is my mum's sister. They live in the same house. Steph has two dogs, and she feeds them Natural Balance and Chicken Soup food. She wants to get her sister and mom to feed us good stuff, too, but they can't see what's so good about it. Whenever she can, Steph buys us the best she can, by Nature organics. Generally, we're lucky if we get Friskies :/ We normally get Pet Pride. We eat the by Nature Organic stuff slowly because it has more nutrients and less fillers, right?? What can we excpect on a healthier food, and how long will it take for us to see the effects? We already have pretty nice coats. Thanks so much guys :)

Comments

• Megan ParnellMegan Parnell Member Posts: 261
    edited 9 January, 2007
    Me and IggieBrother had nice coats, but little Ru's coat was a mess! Mom learned a lot from some online friends, and she switched us from Cat Chow and Kitten Chow to Nutro Natural Choice foods about a year ago. I don't pay as much attention as Mom, but she said our poopies were a lot smaller and firmer. Less stinky, too. Even our good coats improved, and Rufus looked like a new little man! His straw-dry coat was glossy and slick!!! Mom learned more, and learned about SUPER-premium foods (plus that Nutro had been bought out in December, right before she started buying it), and now we changed to Drs. Foster & Smith dry food (ICK - I don't like it...Mom promised to do a taste test for me after her next trip to the store) and Natural Balance wet. We definitely eat less, though part of that is eating mostly wet food. I'm on a totally wet food diet, because I don't eat the dry food, so the boys get mostly wet food, too. Since this more recent change, Mom is excited about our poopies all over again (says there's even less...again, the weirdo looks at poop a lot). And we eat A TON less than the old Cat Chow, and less even then the Nutro. But Mom feels really strongly about the benefits she can't see. She says that she feels good feeding the good stuff, because with everything our bodies need, and nothing the body doesn't need, we should live the longest, healthiest lives possible. Hope that helps!
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 13 January, 2007
    Yup -- the better the quality of food, the more efficient it is in giving your body what you need. Also, though it may cost more, over time you'll be healthier, which means fewer visits to the vet!