Question about Trader Joe\'s cat food

Josie NoeckerJosie Noecker Member Posts: 41
edited 9 February, 2011 in Food & Nutrition
Tried to go though and read older posts, but I'm basically wondering what the texture of TJ's cat food is? Bella Mae will not eat food that is not pate or ground style. No big chunks, no flakes, no shreds. Cordelia Joy is a little more open since I started her on different varieties of moist food when I adopted her as a baby. Pate tho, is preferred. Trader Joe's opened up in a city that is maybe and hour and a half or so away from me. I'd like to try some of their foods-the WM near me seems to be discontinuing the better options of Fancy Feast. I'll have even less options for inexpensive foods to alternate with. I do not want to buy several cans at once and find it's a texture that my cats will not eat readily. I prefer to purchase foods in person-I've had touch and go luck with ordering cases of food in the past. There have been times that after I order a case the kitties figure it out and will not eat it. (I swear, it's all a plot against me trying to save money and time).

Comments

• Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 9 February, 2011
    It's a pate texture :)
  • Josie NoeckerJosie Noecker Member Posts: 41
    edited 9 February, 2011
    Hooray! Thank you :D
  • Jon MaysJon Mays Member Posts: 3
    edited 9 February, 2011
    My cats love this stuff, my only concern is that every single of one their flavors contain fish, wondering if it's too much fish to feed regularly? Also, the smell, be ready to smell seafood trough out your whole house! :)
  • Josie NoeckerJosie Noecker Member Posts: 41
    edited 9 February, 2011
    Ahh, thanks for the warning re-smell. :) I would be alternating this with other foods, so not feeding this every day. I try to not feed too much fish too often. Basically try to not feed too much of anything too often (chicken, etc.)