Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

low cal canned food

Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
edited 16 February, 2011 in Food & Nutrition
ok so I guess I must have had a blind eye & way too much stress to see that Smithwick has turned into a chubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff. He didn't really seem too big, but after I took pictures, and looked at them - he looks like a linebacker. He has been eating mostly Natural Balance canned (a few others all grain free) & the Blue Buffalo Wilderness. I picked up a few cans of the low calorie Natural Balance - they also have a dry low calorie - I thought of mixing that with the Blue Buff to help. Plus how do you figure out the calories in canned? And on top of that, I am not sure what he should really weigh, to figure the calories he actually should only get. He is a hunky 14 pounds, and he is about 9 months old. He truly acts like he will expire on the spot from starvation all the time, and he keeps finding where I hide Maizy's food. She is a nibbler - else she throws up, and I let her eat as much as she wants cause she cannot keep weight on -so I try to keep her bowl up high where he cannot get it, and yet he manages to get his little (ahem big) butt wherever I put it. I started giving him & Tigger 1/4 of a 3oz can wet in the moring first thing, then 1/6? of a cup dry,then more wet at night. BUt sometimes I feel like I am not feeding them enough. I do want to try & get them on even more wet - Maizy will always have dry - she won't eat enough wet to fill a thimble! I feel like a bad Mommy for letting him get fluffy....never had this issue with the other 2, but the past few months have been very stressful for me, and somehow I just did not catch it. So, I will be lurking around for diet tips, but just looking for any advice. How do I know what he should really weigh? I did get some good pics of the little football player, and I will put them up tomorrow.

Comments