Ushering a crabby old cat off of the porch... veeeerrrry gently

edited 7 March, 2011 in Senior Cats
hiya! :-h I have a question for yall! There's a really REALLY crabby very old grey cat that comes on my porch and eats my food. Meowma made the Ssss noise at him today but she felt so awful about it afterward because she knows he has arthritis and just wasn't thinking because she gets him and Snowball the neighborhood bullycat confused sometimes. He made a mad dash out of there too and most likely it didn't feel very good right? He's the neighbors cat and stays outside. Meowma says she'd like to figure out a way to usher him off without spooking him but here's the catch -- he's all hissy and woosh! He sprays. It never fails that old crabby fella leaves a stinky calling card when he thinks you've annoyed him. Yes, he's neutered. We think it's because he's 18. Anyhoo, we need a way to be like "hey uuuhhmm can you go back over to your guardians porch?" because he will spray my porch. Ugh porch cat wars and now enter arthritic veteran kitty... Does it hurt him when he runs off like that? Should we let him spray us all stinky? I can always spray back ya know, I still got it in me. I dun it. Meowma knows. ~a~

Comments

• MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 March, 2011
    Can the old guy jump? What happens if your food is put higher so the old guy can't get to it. I wonder if that will stop him.:?