Going Away need place for Cats in NJ

KIM JOHNSONKIM JOHNSON NUTLEYMember Posts: 387
edited 16 January, 2007 in Cats & Travel
Hello, We are going away for 1 week in February & I need a trustworthy place to board them for one week. Anyone know of any reliable places near Nutley NJ?

Comments

• Alana RobertsAlana Roberts BrooklynMember Posts: 758
    edited 12 January, 2007
    HI there I'm sorry I don't know nay Kennels for kitties in your area but if you want to try a petsitter I was recommended to look at this site and it has a lot of info on it that may be of use to you too http://www.petsitters.org/ Purrs Natasha
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 12 January, 2007
    Another thing you could do is ask the techs at your vets office if they do pet sitting. Many do this on the side. The kitties will be much less stressed if they get to stay in their own home. Be sure to have the person over first to go over all the details.
  • Jess KJess K Member Posts: 539
    edited 16 January, 2007
    I'm not sure how far away Parsippany is from Nutley [looked it up, it's about 30 mins] but Companion Animal Hospital boards pets. I have boarded my dog there numerous times and I highly trust them. I actually worked there for a little while so I was able to see how they treat the boarded animals, which is very nicely and well. But, I do agree with Hunter that it's always best to try and find someone that may come to your house [a neighbor or family friend?] once a day to feed the cats and interact with them, especially since it's only a week, the cats will be much happier. Lately, instead of boarding my dog he goes to a family friend and has a much better and slightly less stressful time while mommy is away. Sorry I don't have any cat-sitter suggestions though.