The Foreign Legion

We are all misfits somewhere. In Greek, xenos means both "friend" and "stranger." Bring an Open Mind. Welcome! The credo: Experiment. Be curious, though interfering friends may frown. Get furious at each attempt to hold you down. If this advice you will employ The future can offer you infinite joy And freedom. Experiment – come chat -- And you'll see.* Emoticon Free Zone: part of the spirit of the Legion is to express one's "self." Sharing emotions is part of learning and understanding which promotes friendship and congeniality. A cartoon figure is a shortcut to language in which a written or spoken phrase states your emotion, and offers a wider stage for learning. *apologies to Cole Porter for a bit of liberty with his lyrics.

Comments

• Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Oh, let me be your first recruit! What fun! And I truly believe in an Emoticon-Free Zone. *hee!*
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Well, I didn't know if there would be many kit recruits, but we are co-ed!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Co-ed is an enlightened idea. I knew I could count on you. To be enlightened, that is.
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    I hope this will be a forward-thinking forum... And emoticon-free is a toughie. Don't want to hurt anycat's style, but here we can keep it to word conversation. I had to bring some espresso...join me?
    edited 8 August, 2008
    I'd love some! Guess you'll have to get a machine. I suppose I don't mind the emoticons so very much, as long as it's just one every so often. They sure do seem to make everything slow down, don't they?
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    *passes Sophie a cup of espresso* I think Catster mentioned cleaning up some files, so I imagine it will be faster. But it did become extremely slow when the E's started. Yes, some coffee, tea, spring water...I haven't stocked up. I will need some help since we are out of town a bit...old property, you know!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Old property, no kidding. I'll help with whatever is needed, just let me know. Maybe I'll do a bit of shopping tomorrow. Water and so on. *sips espresso*
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    I may need your brothers' lifting strength -- no offense! They told me that this was deserted property when the railroad moved the line. Small old station. All I have now is these cushions! But there's electricity. Muy modern.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Oh, you can borrow their muscles, just let them know when. *looks around* Rustic, with great potential. These old buildings can be beautiful, can't they? Was this the station, did you say?
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Yes...not much but the counter and a few benches left. Decent size for what was a small town. The shutters just need clean-up and maybe re-hanging... Can get fridge. A bit off the beaten path, but then downtown is busy, so who knows? Couldn't pass up the opportunity.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    You see things others miss! Just needs some cleaning up, and maybe get rid of a cobweb or two! Everything is dry in here, so I don't think the roof leaks. I think you did good!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Bargain, I think. *rolls eyes* But what do I know? Can be used for lots of things, but just getting together at first and as we say, "Experiment!" See what anycat feels like bring up.
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Aww,why don't you kitties like the emoticons? I guess once the "new" wears off, maybe they will only be used occasionally. I'm sure HQ still has some "bugs" to get out too.
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Heya, Squeaks! Still love the dress! Oh, it's not about emoticons...that's kind of a joke. Just a different place, and more wordy. We shall see.
  • Michelle MeyersMichelle Meyers WacoMember Posts: 835
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Holy CATS!!! I finally found this place! I needed like a road map. Geese it has been a long time since I have been around look apparently there are smileys and all!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Irish!! It's so easy to get lost! Yes, the smileys are new...we aren't going to use them in this thread because they make my eyes pop!!
  • Michelle MeyersMichelle Meyers WacoMember Posts: 835
    edited 8 August, 2008
    AHH I see that is ok. I was not to sure about them anyway. Anywho was just stopping by to give head bonks. I will be on tomorrow night
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Oh, I'm glad the feral colony got so much done...good food and a warm night's pay! Hmmm *looks around and nods* Polished benches; grey and tan lacquer walls; pot-belly stove needs shining up; must get the mandarin red for the shutters....powerwash the outside... *looks for email of the feral colony*
    edited 8 August, 2008
    It's coming along! What a difference already. Any firewood around?
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Well just stopped by for a minute to see the progress!
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 8 August, 2008
    If this is really the foreign legion,does that mean we won't have to listen to the sound of ripping bodices?
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Absolutely! We are educated outlanders, but I doubt if heavy breathing et al. would last long! Will need some spare music, if you have any on your 'pod, Ray.
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Gee, didn't see you Sophie...firewood is outside right now. Stove looks pretty good. Like the paint job?
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 8 August, 2008
    *pops her head in and waves* Howdy Coley!! Like Star Wars 2, but Attack of the Emoticlones... *giggles*
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Oh, Chey, you are not cloning them now! Welcome to The Foreign Legion Station.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Just when you thought it was safe...
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    We are a self-sufficient bunch, so may not appeal to all. But not exclusive. You're here, aren't you?!! Wait til you meet the Ferals...they are from all over. Interesting crew, but only come out late. I am building some trust with them.
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Uh, Ray, didn't you have a relative, Kizzie, or something who was in a feral colony...I thought I saw... well, never mind.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Time for another vacation
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Aw, come out here...The Ferals will be running a hand trolley. It's out of the way that's for sure!