Eyes

Mary WaltersMary Walters Milton KeynesMember Posts: 6,959
edited 23 May, 2011 in Senior Cats
Abbi has got sticky eyes this morning, I have wiped them with damp cotton wool and got most of the gunk off them. I don't know if she has been round something outside, one of the youngsters have batted her one, which I doubt, or she's done it on corner of coffee table that she is always scent marking.:?

Comments

• Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 22 May, 2011
    Does it look greenish/yellowish? Usually that's a cold or an upper respiratory infection. I'd keep putting a soft cloth with warm water on it and make sure she's not sneezing, wheezing, or anything like that. She could also have seasonal allergies. You can use l-lysine to control all of that or at least help it. But I'd keep a very close eye on it and make sure it doesn't get worse, if so, call the vet asap. =;
  • Mary WaltersMary Walters Milton KeynesMember Posts: 6,959
    edited 22 May, 2011
    It was green stuff in it, I tried to wipe it but she did it herself in the end, she wouldn't let me touch it. It's now wide open but she has sneezed. I will watch her closely and get her to vet if it gets worse.=;
  • Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 22 May, 2011
    yes, definitely. That can be dangerous if it progresses so make sure to take her in if it gets worse. :)
  • Mary WaltersMary Walters Milton KeynesMember Posts: 6,959
    edited 23 May, 2011
    I will Alex, it seems a bit better this morning, she is dozing on setee at the minute, but it's clear of gunk thus far. x