Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

The Foreign Legion

Comments

• edited 8 August, 2008
    I never found out why they call them "Flea" markets...maybe cuz most of the stuff is old or used? It's just a big garage sale sort of place to find stuff at a good price, and you can barter sometimes.
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 8 August, 2008
    *puts a kettle of water on the pot belly stove to boil* I'm going to make some tea. Would anyone else like any?
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    *bends down to unroll rug* Gee, Sophie, All Right!! Nice bright colors, faded just right... did you get a good deal? *starts rolling rugs out*
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Morris? How about you? Tea sounds fine. There are some biscuits the ferals made...they are very good and not heavy.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Oh, I did! I've never been to a flea market before, but I had so much fun! Who knew haggling for a price would be so satisfying? Hee hee!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    You liked the haggling, er, bartering? I'm not very good at it...gee, these make it feel warm just with the color!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    *makes some cups of tea, hands one to Cole and one to Morris* Here you are! The rugs brighten the room so much, I'm glad I found them.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    I didn't think I'd like it, but the rugs were priced too high I thought. And went from there!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Thank you, Sophie! Just tell me what I owe you. You met The Toff, eh...how was it? Accent is something, no?
    edited 8 August, 2008
    I'll tell you later, k? The Toff is such a gentleman! Kinda rough, and I had a hard time with his accent at first. He was so helpful. British, isn't he?
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Fine. Yes, the ferals are sort of diamonds in the ruff...either very tough or shy. Good of heart. Just got mail from Toulouse and thanked him again for the 'fridge. He may be around later. The trolley working okay? Not too rough a ride?
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Oh, that's what I forgot to tell you....I remembered tht Ro's sister is Stansi. Or that's how he says it. They are the Greek ones. And yes, The Toff is a Brit.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Stansi. Very pretty name. I hope I get to meet her. I like the ferals I've met so far. The Toff's accent was really hard to understand the first time I spoke with him. But we soon understood one another. I guess my accent was hard for him, too! The trolley was a a lot of fun, has anyone else gone for a ride?
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Nope! Chey walked out here; she was very sweet about not bringing the car. Al and Chey brought some tuna, a pouch of salmon rolls, chicken wings.... lotsa stuff!! Theres also some deviled eggs and cinamin muffins that their human made. And the microwave. Quite an exciting overwhelming day!
  • Michelle BrunnerMichelle Brunner BlairsvilleMember Posts: 11,194
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Anyone want some company? Sure could use a nice hot cup of tea. So how is everyone tonight? Your place is shaping up so nicely Cole! I really like it!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    It has been! You've done so much to the Station to make it warm and inviting. *curls up on a rug by the stove* I think I was told these rugs are from Guatemala. I fell in love with them.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Hi Toulouse! The water is still hot, let me make you a cup. I'm glad you came!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Welcome back, T! Yes, the rugs are wonderful! And we now have treats in the fridge - thanking you, Toulouse, again. There is something about a good rug as it ages. And you don't have to be scared to use it.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    I'm glad to be here. I pmailed Athena just in case she is still around and told her I'd be here. Also told her you two invited us to stop by. She helps her mom a lot so I'm not sure if she will stop by. BUT, I sure would love it if she did! Cole, this place is awesome. Everything is coming together so nicely!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    I heard you brought a fridge, Toulouse. How on earth did you manage that? Wow! Are you getting hungry Cole? Let's see what's in there!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    And so fast, Toulouse! I found out that our shy Miss Sophie is great at flea market haggling - like she was born for the bazarre! *shakes head* Who'd a thunk it.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Yeah, who woulda? What's in the fridge? All that shopping made me hungry!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    How did you manage that 'fridge, Toulouse? I just got here after you'd left, I guess.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Yes Sophie -- I thought you could use one. Grandma has a new refrigerator in her playroom that was just not in use. (She's 90 years old). So I thought you could use it here! But boy I didn't realize how heavy that sucker was! All I had to do was think of Athena and I could move a mountain! *Blushes*
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Aw, that's sweet Toulouse!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    How did you find this awesome Station Cole? This is just a perfect place to gather!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Tuna, salmon rolls, chicken wings.... lotsa stuff!! There's also some deviled eggs and cinnamon muffins that Chey's human made. And the ferals' biscuits I am trying to ofer...
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Oh yes, the biscuits! I'd like to try one. What is in them, I forget...
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Oops...spelling not so good. Just wandering around, Toulouse, and this place was very cheap. I mean who wants a derelict railroad station house with the rails still there! It's not that far out, just not on the main roads.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Tea and biscuits sound perfect! Although those chicken wings sound very tempting. Decisions.... decisions!