Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Bringing home a new kitty

Tanith BynonTanith Bynon AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 14
edited 5 August, 2011 in Choosing the Right Cat
Ok i want to bring home another cat. Hes an 8yo large male and is neutered. He gets along well with the other cats, and hes large so he may not freak out about Thornes size. I know i need another litter box but is there anything else i need?

Comments

• Christie BrownChristie Brown Member Posts: 231
    edited 30 July, 2011
    Eko's mom here. One important thing is to have a room where the new cat can be separate from the existing cat for several days or weeks, however long the introduction takes. Just read up on cat introductions (going slowly is strongly advised.) I found a lot of good advice on the internet which helped me get through two introductions of new cats recently. Good luck! I bet they will enjoy each other once they get their initial hisses out of the way. (Well, that's how it has turned out for us anyway!)
  • Kori LugarKori Lugar LubbockMember Posts: 104
    edited 5 August, 2011
    It'd probably be a good idea to get another food dish too, that way they can eat at the same time without any competition.