Soulistic?

Katie HerrmannKatie Herrmann AuroraMember Posts: 3,681
edited 9 September, 2011 in Food & Nutrition
Anyone know anything about this brand? It's all wet food- cans and pouches. I picked up a few at Petco yesterday. Good? Bad?

Comments

• Laurel KowalskiLaurel Kowalski Gateway to the WestMember Posts: 486
    edited 28 July, 2011
    I saw them too. Did you get any with pumpkin soup. Tell me how Max likes them. I still have two more coupons for Petco $5 off $25.
  • BROOKE LOWRYBROOKE LOWRY TampaMember Posts: 6,037
    edited 28 July, 2011
    My three are on raw, but get small amounts of canned food as treats. A few months ago, I picked up a couple of the cans and pouches for them to try because the ingredients looked pretty good. However, all three cats vomited them up the two times I had served them. They were keeping other food down, and they are not vomiters, so I could only surmise it had to do with the food. Two times of this was enough for me - I returned the remaining pouches and cans.
  • Katie HerrmannKatie Herrmann AuroraMember Posts: 3,681
    edited 28 July, 2011
    They ate some yesterday and today- no barfing. They really liked it, more so than the traditional pate style food. They always seem to leave some of the loaf or pate food behind, which the dog finishes. They had the chicken dinner in gravy, which is like shredded chicken (in gravy, of course). They ate it all up, yumyum! Dog is slightly disappointed- no leftovers!
  • Lacey KingstonLacey Kingston WilmingtonMember Posts: 7,527
    edited 29 July, 2011
    Our cats have done really well on it and it's a good value for the quality. However, a word of caution, some of the varieties contain menadione, so make sure to check the ingredients on all flavors you buy. FYI for those who don't know, menadione is an artificial vitamin K supplement that is a known carcinogen and banned from use in human foods.
  • BROOKE LOWRYBROOKE LOWRY TampaMember Posts: 6,037
    edited 29 July, 2011
    Ugh, Hobert, I wonder if the ones I bought had menadione and that's what they reacting to? I am pretty careful about that, but maybe I missed it? Hmm ... :-k
  • Dawn HarmanDawn Harman SpeedwellMember Posts: 1,079
    edited 31 July, 2011
    That is a Petco brand food.
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 August, 2011
    The Autumn Bounty pouch, Chicken Dinner in Pumpkin Soup... yum, yum, yum! That one\'s good! =;
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 2 August, 2011
    http://www.soulisticpet.com Soulistic isn\'t a Petco brand. It\'s its own brand but sold only at Petco stores. The brand is made by the same company that makes Weruva and B.F.F, which are sold in specialy pet stores. I guess they wanted to make a similar food to sell at a big chain :-k
  • Dawn HarmanDawn Harman SpeedwellMember Posts: 1,079
    edited 3 August, 2011
    Thank you Merlin, I stand corrected. Meowma was misinformed at the store. I will do a double check before posting like that again. :r
  • Laurel KowalskiLaurel Kowalski Gateway to the WestMember Posts: 486
    edited 9 September, 2011
    I finally opened up my one & only pouch of Good Karma. I added a few more drops of water to extend the gravy. I had to cutting up the chicken into tiny pieces. I gave Mr. Picky the first taste of the Good Karma. When Brownie was done, I let Cookie go. But when she got to the bowl, the bowl was clean. (I gave her some Fancy Feast.) PS, I wrote to Soulistic about pouches vs. cans. The president and co-founder wrote back. - "The Good Karma in both the can and the pouch are the same formula. There are differences in the processing. The pouches, as they are less dense, do not require as much heat or heat time during the sterilization process." So back to Petco to get more Good Karma in the big 5.5 oz can! If any of you hear of a sale on Soulistic, please let me know!