Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

1 Year on Plus Question

Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
edited 30 January, 2007 in Plus Informational
We searched all over the FAQ and couldn't find the answer to this. Could somecat please help asap? Anyway, we have been PLUS members for 361 days. In 4 days do we need to re-subscribe, or is the fee automatically deducted through the same PayPal account? We don't want to get kicked out of PLUS because we didn't pay, please somecat help. Thanks

Comments

• Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 10 November, 2006
    Lucy, you may want to contact HQ about that. I don't know. I would think it would automatically charge you through PayPal though. The reason I say that is because we have the monthly subscription and are automatically charged each month. We want to make our subscription yearly to save $, but in order to do that you have to cancel your monthly and wait until your features disappear (which would remove all our extra pictures/backgrounds/etc) then switch to yearly. We don't want to go through uploading all those photos again since that would take forever and we'd never be able to find the same pictures/backgrounds/music... But I hope that you are able to find out and don't lose your features! Temporary loss of features is the main reason why we haven't yet switched to annual! But about the PayPal--HQ will know for sure : )
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 10 November, 2006
    We were in the same situation. When we went to the Join CatsterPlus! page hoping to renew (several days before our subscription was going to expire) it said that we were already subscribers. We thought we would get some kind of notice to renew. Well, we kind of forgot about it and then a few days later when a year had gone by we got an email from Catster saying that our subscription had expired and they were sad that we were no longer Plus members but that we could renew the subscription. Mom had suggested to Catster that a Renew Subscription button be placed on the Join CatsterPlus! page. I see this hasn't been done. It would make things so much easier and avoid losing Plus members. The email seemed to suggest we had not wanted to renew our subscription, when nothing could have been further from the truth.
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 10 November, 2006
    So all our Plus stuff may go away tomorrow?!?!?!! Yikes, we're writing hq now.
  • Becki Sheets-KlingerBecki Sheets-Klinger Ponca CityMember Posts: 29
    edited 29 January, 2007
    What did you all find out about this? Our subscription ends in a couple of days and we want to renew before we lose all our pics and stuff! We haven't figured out how to renew because it says we are already a member. Any ideas on how to renew before our subscription expires??
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 29 January, 2007
    Yes please, can you tell us? We are only 2/3 of the way in our Plus status, but we sure would like to renew and give it enough time for the renewal to be seamless from the old subscription to the new one!
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 29 January, 2007
    Our first year ended on Dec. 31, and the payment for the next year was automatically deducted, using our Paypal account. We didn't miss a thing! Thanks HQ!!!
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 29 January, 2007
    I see that under the new pull down menus to the left under "Catster Plus" there is a place to Renew membership. It has a pay pal option, phone call in option and main in option. DOn't worry about loosing your stuff. Catster saves it just in case something happens. When I was due to renew there was a lot of confusion and I lost plus for a couple of days but when it came back, all of my stuff was still there. %:D%
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭
    edited 30 January, 2007
    That's true, Diego...our Plus membership expired a couple of weeks ago and it took a couple of days to get it active again...but as soon as it was reactivated, all of our extra stuff came right back. |^| This was the end of our first year on Plus, and we didn't even realize it was expiring until we got a notice from Catster telling us that it had already expired. I don't know if you can normally renew before it expires or not.
  • edited 30 January, 2007
    Catster HQ`s sent us a direct link to renew ours early. I kept the link in my yahoo mail. If anyone wants it, send me a pawmail. They said I could pass the renew link on to others.
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 30 January, 2007
    Yeah, I had that problem last month *shivers* I never wanna go through that again! But I sent in a check to get Plus going, so I sent in a check, early, no doubt, but I was still without Plus for almost a week! I thought I could handle it, but boy I did miss the forums and especially the extra bio fields. Little by little they started taking all that stuff away! But I had sent it in in early December! So I emailed HQ pronto, but of course it took them a few days because of New Years and everything. Funny, my Plus was up on December 30, but by the 28th, things were slowly going bye-bye! Finally, HQ got back to me, and I think by the 3rd or 4th I finally had my Plus back. I don't know about PayPal, but you better find out before Plus goes bye-bye!