Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

What Do You Think Of Canidae?

Tammy MTammy M SpringfieldMember Posts: 13
edited 1 February, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
I have read so many good things about the dog food and I am considering switching my dogs to it, but was wondering what your opinion of the cat food is. Please share good/bad experiences of this brand. Thank you! Tammy

Comments

• Megan ParnellMegan Parnell Member Posts: 261
    edited 31 January, 2007
    The cat food they make is actually called Felidae. It is a good quality food. It didn't pass MY taste test, but then, I have to be really picky to keep Mom on her toes. My brothers will eat ANYTHING, and we can't make cats look that easy, can we?
  • Tammy MTammy M SpringfieldMember Posts: 13
    edited 31 January, 2007
    What about Nutro Natural...that's what we are feeding right now. Thanks again!
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 31 January, 2007
    Felidae is definitely higher in quality than anything Nutro makes. However, I just tried my first can, and I didn't like it. Hopefully some of the other kitties in my family will find it more palatable. We ordered a half case, so we still have 11 5.5 oz cans left. I hope somecat in my family will eat it! My brother Sindri tried it too, and he didn't like it either. That's two cats down, three to go...
  • Megan ParnellMegan Parnell Member Posts: 261
    edited 1 February, 2007
    Just as Lucky Boo says, Felidae is a higher quality food than Nutro Natural Choice. We actually just switched off of Nutro NC foods. We did really well on it for the year or so we ate it, but Mom didn't like that Nutro had been bought out by a capital management group in Dec. 2005. This has happened to a lot of pet food companies, and often the product quality suffers after the takeover. Plus, Mom already has to drive far away to get our stupid dogface sister's food, so now she has higher quality options than she used to.