EVO 95% Complete Diet?

Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
edited 25 October, 2011 in Food & Nutrition
Are the EVO's 95% canned foods a 'complete' diet? Meaning my sister has a cat who has food allergies, she's wanting to know if it's okay to feed these (venison formula) as the complete diet, or would she have to feed something else as well?

Comments

• Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 24 October, 2011
    All the EVO foods are complete =; They contains all the necessary vitamins and mineals. Something that is a 100% meat or seafood formulation would not be nutritionally completely because the only ingredient would be the meat or seafood plus water for processing, maybe a few other ingredients as binding agents or such. These foods would be only supplemlents/treats. Fancy Feast Appetiziers is one such food, though the labels don't say 100% or anything :-k As a general rule, if it contains vitamins and minerals, then it nutrionally complete. Be sure to closely read the label, too. The teeny tiny print will say nutritionally complete, or if it's not, then something along the lines of "intended for supplemental feeding only"
  • Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
    edited 24 October, 2011
    Thanks for the info! I'll pass it on to her. I feed Raw so haven't researched canned foods for about a year :) so I couldn't remember for sure, I thought it was.
  • Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 25 October, 2011
    Yup, that's one of the flavors I used to eat for my allergies before I went raw. That one's good and the Natural Balance LID venison is good too. For me anyway!