Error 3a - when will this be fixed????????????????

Lynda Van EttenLynda Van Etten Menands, NYMember Posts: 707
edited 16 November, 2011 in Plus Experts & Help Corner
I've been getting Error 3a messages when I try to post replies to comments on diaries. Been happening off and on for ofur 2 weeks. Catster folks, PLEASE....fix this!!!!!

Comments

• SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 October, 2011
    Daniel, have you contacted HQ?
  • Lynda Van EttenLynda Van Etten Menands, NYMember Posts: 707
    edited 13 October, 2011
    Mama's trying to find a way to do so. Are we the only ones having this problem?
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 October, 2011
    No, Daniel, you're not the only one getting errors. We get Errors 3, 4 and 6 frequently trying to make diary comments and sometimes on photo comments. I don't know if I ever got Error 3a, but I've had something with an "a" or "b" after the number but only once or twice. One of the errors -- I think it's 6, but it could be either 3 or 6 -- is because I take too long to make the comment and I get logged out. Okay, that one I can figure out, although I wish I didn't get logged out so quickly. But the other times I get errors, I'm not sure what is wrong. :? Daniel, you can send an email to [email protected] or you can go to the bottom of any Catster page and click on the "contact" link, to send your message that way. I usually prefer to send an email so I have a record. You need to include your Operating System (such as Windows Vista or Windows 7) and your browser version (such as Firefox 7.0.1 or Internet Explorer 8 -- whatever you use).
    edited 13 October, 2011
    HQ does NOT monitor the forums so if anyone is having problems they need to contact HQ, following Ashlynne's directions.
    edited 23 October, 2011
    I'm not having problems with comments now, but instead when I delete a diary entry it still appears on my page fur some time. Mama posted an entry fur me today (I supervise and dictate while she types, and watch the screen to make sure she's typing the right thing). Then I posted anofur one. I told mama to delete the 1st post I made today and Catster did so, but it still appears on my page. BTW I recommend any kitties monitor what their humans write, you might catch them saying something about you they shouldn't!
    edited 23 October, 2011
    well we spoke too soon, I tried to comment on a diary post and am getting error 3a again...PHISSS
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    edited 24 October, 2011
    @Shade-"HQ does NOT monitor the forums"??? I'm not sure that I get what you mean by this. The mods pop in and out and break up fights or remove offending posts when necessary, and have also been following the problem regarding weird comments on photos by apparent trolls. Do you mean that HQ (as opposed to the mods) does not look at the Forums, and specifically doesn't look at Forum posts to search for references to technical problems, so that's why you must report technical problems to HQ directly?
    edited 29 October, 2011
    Well we did contact HQ and got an email from Watch Cat saying the problem about comments has something to do with their anti-spam program. Seems the program doesn't always recognize cat talk. Hmph! I'll sure be glad when this is fixed. (So will mama.) Daniel Baniel
    edited 2 November, 2011
    HMMMPHH! The error 3a problem was fixed long enough fur me to make ONE comment on a diary post. That's all I was able to do. I just tried posting a comment to my diary again and the Error 3a message appeared. Mama and me are getting REALLY sick of this.......
  • Tessa TaylorTessa Taylor Member Posts: 15,662 ✭✭
    edited 3 November, 2011
    Daniel- do you notice that the tekkies for Catster can't seem to find solutions to our problems much anymore??? I have had a problem with Catster logging me out for over a month now- they still can't fix it. I wonder if they downsized computer persons when they were bought by SAY company. Also you just don't get that great service anymore. I'm very disappointed and it's hard to recoomend the site. You owuld think they'd try to keep us satisfied... And the speed of the pages loading must be SO slow because they are so advertisement heavy on each page- that's all I can figure out. Now I"m not a lover of Facebook- but their pages load some much faster. What's the dealio!?
  • Molly StrothkampMolly Strothkamp MesaMember Posts: 1,381
    edited 3 November, 2011
    Ugh, I've been having so many problems on Catster. Maybe it is all the massive ads everywhere? Loading is slow, getting the long-running script message on diaries again which causes my computer to freeze, having constant log-in problem, can't read the forums as almost all of them kick me to Dogster's forums. It's frustrating and I've contacted HQ multiple times about these issues. I'm sure they are very busy as Catsterland has been full of fleas for months now. I really look forward to the day when Catster can finally get rid of these fleas. Maybe Catster will hand out some extra zealies or something for the holidays considering how difficult it's been to use the site. That would be nice and would encourage more activity and interactions and fun.
    edited 4 November, 2011
    I just find it amazing that as soon as they fix the "error 3a" issue with me, I can only make ONE comment and then I get the error again.' But I agree, Catster has been full of fleas!!! It's not the same. I feel bad fur the folks trying to get rid of em. Must be a lot of work.
    edited 4 November, 2011
    hey I can post comments on diaries! WOOT! I better comment now befur it stops working again. MOL
    edited 4 November, 2011
    Well guess what? It seems to be an issue with the browser (we think). Mama is using Firefox, and when she does that I can comment. Normally she uses Opera 11.5, and it won't let her comment! Nor will IE. So if you are having trouble, try using anofur browser. We have 3 or 4 different ones installed. Some sites work better than ofurs. Go figure.
    edited 5 November, 2011
    You are correct, Harvey. HQ does not look at the forum posts to correct technical problems. The moderators's sole duty is to monitor the forums to keep them fun and friendly. If we see that members are having technical problems, we have to contact HQ just like you do. But it's still best if everyone contacts HQ because if I contact HQ and say, "Harvey is getting Error 3a," it will be handled as an individual problem whereas if everyone contacted HQ saying they all are getting Error 3a, HQ realizes a major technical difficulty.
  • Jennifer HearinJennifer Hearin Member Posts: 1,939
    edited 16 November, 2011
    Is anyone else getting error messages again when trying to comment in diaries? It seemed to be fine for a while and then yesterday and today I'm getting error 4 and error 3. I usually use Safari and I did try Firefox and still got the error messages. I have contacted HQ. I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble posting comments?
    edited 16 November, 2011
    So far so good with using Firefox to comment. Same fur Google Chrome. The only browsers we've had problems with are Opera and IE. We don't have Safari. The funny thing about the comments is that, when the error happens it will last sometimes fur days and ofur times only once.