Anybody shopping @ Pet Supplies Plus???

Laurel KowalskiLaurel Kowalski Gateway to the WestMember Posts: 486
I ran across this store online doing a pet food search. Looks like they are mostly East Coast with a few ove the Mississippi plus a few in Texas. There is one across town, about 25 miles away. If it is not worth my time, please tell me. I'm always looking for stores and getting good deals! Do you get anything on their perks card beside an additional savings on the ad sales? Fancy Feast cans are on sale cheaper there than Petco or Petsmart. They have a sale on Natural Balance Alpha cat food for a $16 on a 5 lb bag. (It still seam unfair the same 5 lb of NB Alpha dog food is only $11.)

Comments

• janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 29 August, 2011
    I like Pet Supplies Plus--our local one has a wider choice of food than Petsmart. Not that Meowma buys many different ones right now; I am spoiled and only eat my certain things--meaning a few each of Fancy Feast, Proplan, and a couple of others.
  • Hannah EastmanHannah Eastman ChicagoMember Posts: 880
    edited 30 August, 2011
    mom shops at pets supplies plus too she buys our tiki cat from there. but we dont eat that many brands of food. we only like fancy feast and purina pro plan and tiki cat for canned. and for dry we eat purina one. we are picky.
  • Laurel KowalskiLaurel Kowalski Gateway to the WestMember Posts: 486
    edited 31 August, 2011
    Well, I just found out that Mom has a doctor's appointment is Sept. 6. Pet Supplies Plus is about a mile away from the doctor's new office/outpatient surgery hospital. And it will be Senior day too at PSP! I can't wait to see their new ad on Thursday.
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 August, 2011
    We like PSP! They have a better selection than PetSmart and better prices than PetCo.=;
    edited 9 September, 2011
    I got my PSP card. We only bought 2 items. Do you get 5% off everytime I use my card??? They told me if you by 10 bags of dry food of the same manufacturer & same size the 11th one is free. Same as Petco. But no where is said anything about the 5% off. But my receipt had a 5% off discount listed besides the senior 10% off discount for shopping on Wed. with my mother.
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 9 September, 2011
    I never noticed a 5% off. I go to Pet Supplies Plus pretty often because there are several around Chicago area, and they have a MUCH better food selection than the other chain stores.
    edited 2 November, 2011
    The first of the perks came from PSP yesterday. $5 off postcard! We need to use it by the end of the month. A very nice birthday gift for Cookie.
    edited 21 November, 2011
    We used our $5 off postcard on Saturday. I took my sister with me since she never had been to PSP. She found all the stuff that Petco & Petsmart do not carry. She found a variety of Purina Friskies that we had never seen. It was the Friskies savory shreds with whitefish & sardines in sauce. We got a trail size of Pronature Duck a l'orange kibble, one can of EVO duck canned food. I got one can of the Friskies whitefish & sardines for my sisters cats. They made short work of it!! I guess this means we will have to go back. If only they were having a Black Friday sale!!!