Vote for your favorite cat food

13»

Comments

• Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 January, 2007
    I LOVE my VERUS Feline, it\'s a holistic food and now I don\'t use as much insulin! It\'s more nutritious than anything mom eats, has Omega-3 and antioxidants and very tasty. I don\'t like wet food unless I\'m sick (rare). With Verus I have not had a single hairball in over a year! Even on Science Diet Hairball Control I had hairballs frequently. Verus has changed my life! My fur is sooo soft and I\'m much more playful. Before Verus I had California Natural, and that made a difference in my fur too.
  • Jonela ZarijaJonela Zarija CasselberryMember Posts: 28
    edited 23 August, 2008
    Felidae is fabulous for dry food but being my mom lives in Asia and this brand was hard to come by, I fell in love with Wellness food when she introduced me and my brother to it. Wet food, we get it twice a day, my brother Salem and I, it's varied but my mom does not feed us Iams or Friskies or Fancy Feast as the ingredients are by-products and junk so she always looks at the label to make sure real meat is in it and not just by-products especially since moist food is a big part of our diet!!! :)
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 25 August, 2008
    Mittens and I eat canned food only (dry food makes me throw up) and eat a variety of brands and recipes. Currently, our favorites are Wellness turkey & salmon, Natural Balance chicken & liver pate and Ultra Formula, Weruva (chicken & liver, chicken in gravy, beef & potato and Mack \'n Jack), PetGuard (beef & barley and Premium recipe), grain-free Merrick, grain-free Purina Pro Plan chicken & liver and some grain-free Fancy Feasts. We used to eat Nature\'s Variety lamb but one day decided we didn\'t like it any more. We\'re also losing interest in Merrick. :) As for other brands like Evo, California Natural, Newman\'s, Breeder\'s Choice, Chicken Soup, Blue Buffalo, etc., we\'ve tried them all and wouldn\'t eat any of them. :))
  • Nicole JonesNicole Jones Fort CollinsMember Posts: 128
    edited 26 August, 2008
    Us 2 kitties eat a measured amount of dry food (Natural Balance Ultra) in the morning and we split a 6oz can of wet food (Nutro Max, Natural Balance, Chicken Soup Hairball) at night. It's the best for our budget at the moment.
  • Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    edited 26 August, 2008
    Our favourite and affordable food for us is Wellness grain free canned varities, and Evo cat and kitten canned. No dry food in this household.
  • Beth CostaBeth Costa Stoneham, MAMember Posts: 252
    edited 26 August, 2008
    Well, I have to eat a prescription food because I have allergies and this is the only food I have eaten which does not cause me to scratch my face off. I am getting really bored! I would rather eat what the puppy is eating which is California Natural Lamb and Rice! In fact, I make a beeline for her bowl each time she eats until mom (the killjoy) catches me and pulls me away. Before my allergies were diagnosed, my favorite food was Natural Balance Venison canned food. I looooved it. I might try it again one day. I also tried Nutro, Felidae and Solid Gold and a couple of Science Diet Prescription foods but I liked Venison the best.
  • Irene CoughlinIrene Coughlin Jamaica,Queens, New YorkMember Posts: 160
    edited 27 August, 2008
    Well, there is no #1 miracle brand of food out there-so our meowmy tries her very best to not limit us to 1 or 2 brands or just a few flavors of food. We have become exposed to many different & high quality foods and have a really good variety in our diet :D Our Dry food picks: ORIJENS, MERRICK BEFORE GRAIN DRY, NEWMANS, FELIDAE (especially Felidae Platinum-it has small kibble like the other Dry Felidae flavors, but also helps maintain weight & is very good for older cats because it has chondroitin & glucosamine -for joint health already added to it-as well as a bunch of other good stuff!) Our Wet Food picks: FELIDAE ( all flavors), NATURE\'S LOGIC ( we trust them because of their ingredients and varied flavors of food-which many other cat food companies have not evolved to make-such as Rabbit Dinner, Duck & Salmon Dinner -which are delicious! And it\'s good for Sabrina\'s upper respiratory infection cause they add Lysine in their food!),MERRICK Classic Flavors-like Grammy\'s Pot Pie & Turducken, Merrick Before Grain-which has different flavors such as QUAIL (which we love!) and an all Beef flavor, EVANGERS- mackarel & gravy, 100% Game Meat Flavors- Pheasant & Buffalo (we love!), ZIWI PEAK- a organic food from New Zealand in Lamb Cuisine, Venison Cuisine & Fish & Venison Cuisine ( we adore these!), TIKI CAT - WE Absolutely LOVE EVERY FLAVOR- NEVER MET A CAT WHO DIDN\'T LIKE IT!, WERUVA- LOVE EVERY FLAVOR!, Some Flavors from PETGUARD & Some Flavors from NEWMANS, & INNOVA is tasty too! WE DO NOT LIKE HALO- Meowmy doesn\'t know why- maybe it has too many vegetables & not enough meat?? We would also like to try TimberWolf Organics Serengetti or Taste of the Wild Dry foods- has anyone tried these yet?
  • Vanessa BobackVanessa Boback TampaMember Posts: 3,149
    edited 27 August, 2008
    Mush Mush, we tried Serengetti a while ago and it made us both sick for over a month!! We will NEVER go back!! They have tried TOTW before and liked it. We love our Wellness and EVO cans and we also get Innova, Felidae and Instinct as a treat sometimes. They love their variety!
  • Debra PietrowskiDebra Pietrowski Sussex CountyMember Posts: 1,833
    edited 27 August, 2008
    Wellness (wet) and Evo (dry) the only way to fly... heheheh and on the other end of things.. Worlds best cat litter!
  • Morgan LahmanMorgan Lahman EatonMember Posts: 12,658
    edited 4 September, 2008
    Mom was getting us Felidae dry and wet, then for a while, the new lady was buying our food and she got us Kit'n'Kaboodle. Well, when we started eating that cheap stuff, my fur just matted like anything!! Mom had to take the scissors to me to get those nasty mats out, and I certainly didn't appreciate it. It's embarrassing!! So Mom started getting us all Felidae, Blue, or TOTW, and you know what? Not a mat anywhere on me, and I'm a really furry guy! She still gets us Felidae wet, too, or whatever she finds that seems to have a good ingredients list. She'd really like to feed us raw, but Mischief (my niece, she doesn't have a page yet) is the only one of us who will eat it.
  • Nanaho SawanoNanaho Sawano Member Posts: 108
    edited 4 September, 2008
    Trooper and I have a mostly grain-free, all-wet food diet. In our regular food rotation: Nature's Variety rabbit, Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken, Petguard Beef & Barley, EVO 95% Duck/Chicken & Turkey/Venison. We LOVE mealtimes! ...Of course we would be happier if the human fed us fish more, but she doesn't think it's very good for us. So only once in a looong time do we get tuna or Wellness's Beef & Salmon. Here's to hoping for more seafood though...
  • Hannah bridgesHannah bridges Member Posts: 2
    edited 6 September, 2008
    i really love friskies but wellness is fun to.:)
  • Sharon BraatenSharon Braaten Great BarringtonMember Posts: 842
    edited 6 September, 2008
    We love wellness and merricks cans. We get a tiny bit of EVO dry, but mom is real stingy with dry food :-/
  • edited 15 March, 2012
    Nice sharing. I agree that you should get the food that fits your budget and that the kitties like and do well on, I was not who said it. santa cruz veterinary
13»