We lost Mew

Rita Anne ProvenzanoRita Anne Provenzano PhilapawMember Posts: 635
Mew, our 6 month old kitten passed this evening. She had been diagnosed with FiP and today it attacked her central nervous system. She was having seizures when we arrived home from work. We went to our vets then the ER and Mew passed peacefully in her mommy's arms, all within 2.5 hours. We had the most wonderful 4.5 months with our little girl, our Mew. Our hearts are completely broken. Reet, Scott and Tori

Comments

• Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 16 September, 2009
    We are so sorry that Mew had to leave you, especially at such a young age. But she will be happy and healthy at the Bridge, and will watch down on you always. She was lucky to be so loved. Purring for your family...
  • Gail GallantGail Gallant Member Posts: 7,138
    Me and our crew are so sorry. There really isn't anyone can say to ease your pain except we understand and our hearts break for you and your family.|:|
  • Pat BeckPat Beck Spokane/SouthhillMember Posts: 878
    Oh, we are so sorry!!! Our Bridge Sister, Heidi, will be welcoming Baby Mew and looking after her. Take comfort in knowing that a loving family got to have her for awhile, before she was called back home to the Bridge. Purrs and Prayers, Checkers, Gracie, and Heidi in Memory
  • Chenling ZhangChenling Zhang LeuvenMember Posts: 813
    I'm so sorry to hear this, I just added Mew to my friend list, I wish she could have been my friend on this earth for a longer time. :((:(( My mommie fell in love with Mew's picture. Purrs for you, lovely Mew.
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    Purrs and prayers for pretty Mew and her family. She will always be remembered. Hazel Lucy Maxwell Thomas Buddie
  • Rita Anne ProvenzanoRita Anne Provenzano PhilapawMember Posts: 635
    Everyone who met Mew fell in love with her.Even the nurses and the emergency doctor last night made a fuss over how lovely she is. Her sister Stella was wonderful when we brought Mew home last night. She cried a little then cleaned Mew's face and head like she always did. Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. Even though our family is large, there is such an emptiness here....
  • Marleen Van ElewyckMarleen Van Elewyck Member Posts: 99
    I\'m so sorry you lost Mew to this horrible disease. Please take comfort knowing that she is now pain-free and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge. I died of neurological FIP in June. If you\'re still looking for info or support on FIP you might like to join the following groups: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/FIPCatSupport/ http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/FIP/ Purrrs, Oscar
  • Lowell VincentLowell Vincent ChildersburgMember Posts: 219
    She's certainly a beautiful kitten. I'm saddened by your loss. I wish I knew of some way to ease the pain.
  • Rita Anne ProvenzanoRita Anne Provenzano PhilapawMember Posts: 635
    Mew was such a little thing but she left such a great big emptiness with her passing. I keep thinking I need to be doing something, like giving her meds or making sure she's okay. I miss her most when it starts to get dark. She and I had a ritual when dinner was cleaned up, and lunches were made. Then we'd go into the living room, where she would lie across my chest, purring like a motorboat and we'd both fall asleep for a little bit. I keep expecting to see her staring at me whenever I turn around. Her sister Stella is mourning. She makes these crying noises, then comes and sits in my lap. She won't go into their cat cottage either. Any suggestions?
  • Missy HodgeMissy Hodge Knoxville, TNMember Posts: 1,379
    Oh, we're so sorry to hear this. We'll be purring for you! |:| Percy
  • Diane HallwirthDiane Hallwirth PoulsboMember Posts: 20,342
    We are so sorry to hear that you lost sweet Mew. I am only 5 months myself and mama can't imagine anything happening to me. We hope you are comforted by the thought that you gave Mew the best life possible and she is out of pain now. Purrs from Mojo, Diego and Turtle
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    So very sad for you. Mew was such a beautiful little baby. Hope you find some comfort that she is now whole and happy at the Bridge. You did your best she was lucky to have so much love in her short life. As for her sister, she misses her too. Just give her lots of love. Time is a great healer. |:| Wally and family