Celebrating Navin - Please share your good memories of him here

Lisa WalstonLisa Walston SmyrnaMember Posts: 3,917
Lots of kitties are having a real hard time with losing Navin. I thought it might help if everycat was able to say a little something about what Navin meant to them. I know that it will help Navin's family to read it. *brings a HUGE pot of Rescue Remedy tea a squillion cups (because Navin had so many friends) and a never ending tray of tuna salad sandwiches and catnip, sardine and goat cheese pizza* I brought some calming Rescue Remedy tea and some food so that all the cats can get together, sip tea, eat and rember Navin. If you want, feel free to bring your favorite snack, I'm sure nocat will object! I hope this will help some of you deal with this a little better

Comments

• Lisa WalstonLisa Walston SmyrnaMember Posts: 3,917
    edited 16 September, 2009
    We didn't really know Navin well. He was a member of the Terrific Tabbies with us. But we always got so much pleasure out of reading his diary and looking at his pictures. He had such an awesome life - full of love and so many adventures. Not to mention his great outfits! My mom always said how she admired Navin's parents for all that they did for him, and it was so much more special because she knew they did it out of love. Mom is a rescuer and she has a real soft spot for special needs kitties and it always brought such a smile to her heart when she saw what a terrific family Navin had. That's the best thing any cat can ask for in life, and the one thing that many special needs cats never get. *raises cup of Rescue Remedy tea* So I toast Navin, for packing such a wonderful life into such a sort time (the universe must have known) and I toast Navin's mom and dad for being such wonderful, loving, giving people. Folks like you don't come along very often!
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    Navin was always there for me. I looked up to him and planned on growing up to be a cougar just like him. He would always encourage me when I got sad about my sister being mean to me. :(( He was like a big brother. I learned how to be brave and strong through his example. I said to myself, if Navin can do it, so can you! He will always be a role model to me. I want to thank Navin for giving me strength and happiness. I love you! *sniff* I need to go cry some more now...
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    Navin was always a source of JOY whenever I needed it! If I was down, all I had to do was visit his page. Just looking at his pictures would put the biggest smile on my face! Reading his diaries would make me MOL!!! He was always there when I needed him -that's why I keep telling everycat - HE GAVE US SO MUCH! I can only hope that I gave him something in return. I remember being so honored to be invited into his group, and then to be his very first Bud of the Day! It was like I won the lottery - that Navin cared about me...that's how highly I thought (and think) of him. There will be a huge hole in my heart for a very long time - but I know that he is safe and happy at the Bridge now...my sister Bobbi promised to watch over him. I can say thank you to him forever and never be finished showing my gratitude. I love you Navin!!! Your songs will always play in my heart! Yesterday you were the shining star of Catster, Today you are the brightest star in the sky! In tears, Eve
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    Jack, thank you for making a place for us to chat about our wonderful Navin. Everyone at my house is walking around sad today. I hope that when his family is able, they can come here to see what an impact Navin had on all of us. I fell for Navin the first time I came across his bath photo with the KISS action figures. I knew he was a super cool coug. After reading his story I was completley taken in by the love of his family. I love that Navin had adventures in the world. He got to go to the beach, go on safari and go to horse shows. What a lucky guy. I am honored to have had Navin in my life for whatever time that was. He was quite the coug and will be greatly missed.
  • Toba HartmannToba Hartmann Long IslandMember Posts: 1,185
    Ducky and I knew Navin through the Black and White Ankle Biters, and Navin's Buds groups. We loved to read his diary entries and look at his pictures. We (and our Mom) thought he was just the best cougar...with the best, most devoted parents. Exceptional kitty, wonderful family. We know Navin is meeting all sorts of new friends at the Bridge, including our brother Specky. We send all our purrrrrrrs to Navin's family, and Mom sends love and gratitude for taking such good care of Navin.
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    I loved visiting Navin's page almost daily to check for diary updates and new pictures. Even though I spend most of my time in the forums these days, I still remembered to check Navin's page for updates. I loved Navin for who he was: the most special cougar in the whole wide world! I know he still is that same amazing cougar; he's just in a different place now (minus the Magic Pants because his pooper works now, and he doesn't have FeLV anymore either). But that doesn't make it much easier. Navin had Felina Leukemia, just like I do. I so wanted Navin to be able to live a long, full life. I thought that if I could survive with FeLV for so long, so could everybody's coug Navin. I really thought he was going to make it. The news of his death was utterly shocking. My favorite Navin pictures? The safari pictures, the bath pictures, his primary picture that he has now, the frog picture... every Navin picture, really. And I liked looking at his Bottle Thief video too. I watched it just yesterday. I am purring for Navin's family. The Hop-Goblin will be missed by all who knew him. Navin, if you're up there at the Bridge, looking down on Catsterland, please know this: we will always love you! Love, Lucky Boo, Sir Thomas, Dutch, Luna, & Sindri (&our Bridge kitty Maximo, who is one lucky cat to be able to meet Navin in purrson)
  • Denise GraysonDenise Grayson BothellMember Posts: 2,468
    Yes Jack thank you for creating this place to chat about Navin. My first contact with Navin was when I had a photo contest in my group for christmas. When I did a search to see who had entered I didn't hit exact and all of these christmas pictures of kitties popped up. One was Navin in a elf costume that made me laugh. I read all about him and his magic pants. I told him I would be honored if he joined the BWAB. He was hesitant at first and thought he would stick out like a sore thumb as he said. But then discovered that there were a lot of members that were not Tux's and everyone in the group loved him. I told him to enter our photo contest and he won Best Elf. When he created his own group he asked if he could use some of my ideas on my group. I confessed to him that some of my ideas I got from Twix and her group...Our hearts sank when he was diagnosed and decided that we had to make sure he saw cat of the week in our group. We even have him as January's cat of the month. We will really miss that little cougar...
    *Pours everykitty some Rescue Remedy tea* This is so hard! But this tea will help sooth your nerves just a little. *gives everykitty a hug* My whole family loved him too, even though we really only knew him through his diary and pictures. My mom thought his parents were just the greatest to give him such a wonderful and adventerous life! I'm a shy kitty, myself, so I can't even imagine how much courage it took for The Coug to do some of the things he did. I always looked at his pictures and read his diary in total AWE! I always wondered what it would be like if I could only be that brave!
  • JANE STUTFIELDJANE STUTFIELD BERKELEYMember Posts: 2,203
    My fur family and I were honored to be friends with Navin. Like all of his fans, we spend way too much time reading his diary entries, looking at his pictures and loving his family for loving Navin. No cat looked better in clothes !! I loved reading about his adventures out into the \'real\' world and really hoped that my mom wouldn\'t think, hey, that\'s a good idea, I think I\'ll take Oliver to the beach - I just don\'t have the Cougar\'s brave spirit and feel better if I can just stay at home. Luckily, mom realized that I am not a Cougar and so she just read to me all the things that Cougar Navin was up to. We were so happy to get to know him this way. He will always be in our hearts - he takes up a big space because he is a Big Cougar and we will always remember him for what he was - a very special kitty who was lucky enough to find a forever home that loved him unconditionally and made his life a paradise. The thing that helps us feel better is that we will all be together someday and that will be nothing but FUN!! A million purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs to Navin and to his wonderful family. You were lucky to have a Cougar in your lives. Oliver
  • Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    **drinks some much needed Rescue Remedy tea. Sits down, and Ele' and Ambro sit on each side of Gimme, and let him speak for them all** We were just so enchanted with Navin, from the very first time we stumbled across his page. Navin was a kitty who made lemonade out of lemons, if that's what life handed him. Everything about him was just inspiring and loving. He wasn't a judgemental kitty. The diverse membership in his group is a testament to that. He opened himself up to share with everyone, and invited everyone into his life and heart. We always loved to hear about Navin's adventures, and loved his poetry and songs. There was always a smile to be found on Navin's page. **drinks more tea, and Ele' puts her arm around Gimme** Navin was the embodiment of what all kitties should aspire to be, in their hearts and in their lives. We know that we are a little better somehow for having known him, and we feel so proud and fortunate to have been his friends. The Bridge is a better place today, for having our favorite little coug-dude. I like to think that right now he may be swapping stories with Steve Irwin. We love you, Navin.
  • Jane ThompsonJane Thompson RaleighMember Posts: 2,910
    *wipes tears from his eye* If I can't live with Bean and her Mom I really want to live with Navin's family. I'd even wear clothes. Really! I just don't know what to meow, we didn't know him well purrsonally, but we sure loved everything he shared with us about his life. You know his parents really made his life awesome, not very many parents would do that for a little kitty guy.....he was one lucky li'l guy! I know he'll be looked after and loved up there, we're gonna miss him soooo much *putter purrrrs* ......Look, the stars up there just got brighter!
  • Barbara BrehmBarbara Brehm RoyersfordMember Posts: 2,353
    My family loved reading Navin's diaries and dreams of growing a tail in his magic pants. I'm sure he is running right now at the Rainbow Bridge with the biggest, most beautiful tail there ever was. Those pants were definitely magic....and no one will ever be able to fill them like Navin did! My family loves you and will never forget you!
    We just can't stop crying at my house today. Navin was such a very special cat. He was too good for this world - that's why he was taken from us so soon. What an amazing guy who could touch so many lives in such a short time - many who never even spoke with him personally. I don't think that we can measure the impact that he had on so many lives. How his parents lived by example, to inspire others to take in and love a special needs cat. Oh how I'm going to miss is Cougar songs and poetry and reading about all of his most awesome adventures. Coug, I hope that you are rippin' it up at the Bridge!
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    I had stumbled across Navin\'s page one day and was enchanted by the Coug! I loved his name since I am Steve Martin fan and he intrigued me. I loved his songs and was honored when I was invited to be a member of the Navin & Buds group! Navin was and is so obviously loved by everyone whose life he touched. He will be missed but never forgotten! Little Oliver you will grow up to be a big Coug like Navin was. I know you have and will do him proud!
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    Navin R. Johnson-Davis is Cat of the Day!
    I am so sad at the loss of a great Coug ....Navin you one of a kind....the greatest Coug ever!!
    To Navin's Family Don't worry about Navin....we're taking good care of him here at the Bridge. He was given the royal welcome a Coug like him deserves! Purrs, Princess
  • shannon szuszalskishannon szuszalski ABQMember Posts: 1,542
    We didn't know Navin. We are sad we didn't get the opportunity to. We stumbled upon his page a few weeks ago and we were so impressed and inspired. We loved his story and to see how his parents cared for him. A true story of love if there ever was one. When we saw the post about his death, his name sounded familiar. We went to his page and realized it was the brave little fellow with a great attitude in diapers. We just cried to know that such a heroic guy was gone and to know how much his family will miss him. Nikko and Scooter:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:((:((
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    We are going to echo Nikko's words. We also stumbled upon his page and immediately fell in love with the courageous little guy with the amazing parents. We wish we could have known him but truly he stole our hearts in one instant. We try very hard not to cry, not for Navin anyway. He has a pawsome tail now, he is free as the wind befriending every kitty at the Bridge. The tears are for his parents who we know are heartbroken...and yes the tears are also for us cause we feel our world is a sadder place without his magical presence.
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    We too will miss this amazing little cougar with the big heart and the huge personality. His courage in the face of everything is an inspiration to us all. We are sending purrs and love to his family. The Cornish crew.
  • Jillian PoritzkyJillian Poritzky Coral GablesMember Posts: 793
    We are sorry not to have known Navin better, most definitely it's our loss. How beautiful to have control of your own destiny and to be able to pass gently in your sleep, knowing you are the most loved and respected of felines! Our love and heartfelt sympathies got to NRJ's family. We will raise a glass and light a candle for them all today. Love, Tyler, Missy, Caney and Katrina xxxx
  • Pat BeckPat Beck Spokane/SouthhillMember Posts: 878
    All Pets are special, some, have that magic quality that reaches out and touches everyone lucky enough to come into contact with them. That was Navin. You should see him here at the Bridge :)) He\'s already made the Rainbow brighter :D What an incredible family he had, they were blessed to have each other and their memories are eternal. Navin says \"HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, EVERYBODY\" There\'s nothing better than Love |:| Heidi
  • Carol HeartburgCarol Heartburg Desert Cities, Palm SpringsMember Posts: 4,894
    We, too, didn't get to meet Navin "Soon Enough" but are so very inspired with His Courage! He is a Very Special Kitty, and our Family Members up "Over-the-Rainbow" are having a Great time playing with Him, and our Daddy-John has him on his Lap, several times a day! And he looks so "Proud" of his "New Tail" & his Wings! Oh Navin, he still talks to all of us, & is happily watching over his Beloved Family! He Loves us all! :^:
  • Giniene RaymondGiniene Raymond FultonvilleMember Posts: 673
    My mom used to read Navin's diary to me and we just fell in love with him, he was just such a happy little baby. He was so full of happiness and laughter, an inspiration to all. He will be missed so much by all of us.
  • Maggie StrasserMaggie Strasser Morris PlainsMember Posts: 856
    Mommy & I loved reading his diary and checking out his new photos. He was always positive all the time, no matter what was going on. We wish we could have heard his "cougar song" just once. He sure did pack a lot of life and living and love into his short lifespan.
  • Shelley CoxShelley Cox CarbondaleMember Posts: 2,752
    This is Delyte & Stella. We, too, did not know Navin as well as we wanted to, but there are so many cats on here. We were completely and utterly honored to be asked to be on Navin's bud list three weeks ago, so obviously he felt we were his friends. We were all floored by his death, even though he is now on the Bridge with his wonderful fluffy tail and great wings. There will never be another cougar like Navin anywhere, and the list has a big gap on it from his passing, even though we are sure he will continue to post from the Bridge, and we can't wait for that! Much sympathy and love from us and from our person, who knows what it is like to lose a dear and important fur person.
  • Susan Embry-BuschSusan Embry-Busch CarmichaelMember Posts: 982 ✭✭
    Navin made me happy. Navin still makes me happy. I go to his page every day and it is an inspiration to me. He had that certain something that drew people and cats from far and wide. He was fun and mischievious...in a word trouble! I have watched him steal that baby bottle a hundred times!! I wish we had more videos! I love to see him acting sneaky...peeking around the corner into the hall to see if the baby bottle is still there. I love how he pops out from under the table, and looks all innocent like "what? I didn't do anything"...My heart has been breaking all week because he is gone. It seems so strange to have a world without Navin. But, knowing that Navin was at the bridge, waiting to greet Bill, has brought all of us so much comfort. I wish Navin were here, his spirit will live on forever in the hearts of all the people who loved him. How lucky are we to have met him and gotten to know him. I feel sorry for all those people who never met the Mighty Coug in Magic Pants. Love, Susan, mom to ^Bill^