Meow Meows breeds & coloring?

Kylie DennisKylie Dennis TooeleMember Posts: 1,805
edited 26 April, 2012 in Choosing the Right Cat
I was just curious what you would call Meow Meows coloration? I was also curious what breeds she might be. I know she has to have a breed in her that can have blue eyes. Feel free to look at the pictures on her page and give your input. I know she's probably just a domestic longhair cat, but it's always nice to tell potential adopters what breeds she might be. Thanks! |:|

Comments

• Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 18 March, 2012
    Not saying she is, but she looks alot like a Siberian. I don't know alot about the breed, to know, if they have blue eyes. I do know they come in all colors. The breeds that have blue eyes, Siamese, Ragdoll, Burmese, she looks nothing like them. I also know, Siberians are very very expensive, if she is one, someone paid alot alot of money for her. Hope she finds a good home. :-h=;|:| Sorry, meant to give you this link. :D http://siberiancats.us/
  • janice lancasterjanice lancaster temple gaMember Posts: 2,505
    edited 18 March, 2012
    Cruiser!!!!!!! We don't have blue eyes!!! Anyway, Meow Meows favors a Siberian, sure, but also Birman or ragddoll. But (s) he is probably DMH or DMH, with some Siamese somewhere plus some just-cat with longer fur. Color looks to be Lynx Point, and very pretty. For adoption purposes, call her LynxPoint Longhair. :)
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    edited 19 March, 2012
    Burmese do not have blue eyes. American Burmese have gold eyes. European Burmese have amber or gold eyes. There are several breeds that have blue eyes: Siamese, Ragdolls, Birmans, Balinese, Colorpoint Shorthairs. Some Japanese Bobtails, some Tonkinese, some Ragamuffins, some Persians (Himalayan division). Some breeds such as Siberians, La Perms, Cornish Rex, Devon Rex, Sphynx are accepted in all colors and pointed cats with blue eyes may appear and be accepted. Meow Meow is a very pretty lynx point Domestic Longhair. Technically any cat who's background is unknown or uncertain is a Domestic Shorthair, Mediumhair, or Longhair respectively. The pointed gene is in the Domestic population, mostly from the popular Siamese before the days spay and neuter became the norm. Domestics may sometimes resemble purebreds, but only purebreds will breed true to type. Most cats do not have a breed like the dog word. Only about 5% of cats are registered purebreds.
  • Lisa DausmanLisa Dausman Member Posts: 5,216
    edited 22 March, 2012
    Sorry, mol, meant Burmin, mol. Birman, Burmese, way to close, when my mommy is rushing to do a post, and took the time to find the Siberian site, when suppys is ready, mol. :)):-h=; Pandora, ya best tell little Rory, he best put his A++++++ game on, if he is going against the big man, in Garden State, mol, mol, mol. :)):))!:-h=;|:|:xo:
  • Denise AntleDenise Antle OhioMember Posts: 255
    edited 26 April, 2012
    Its most definitely not a Cornish rex
    edited 26 April, 2012
    I mean uh.. I'm just saying
    edited 26 April, 2012
    Fur wise. Probably not a Cornish Rex. No offense we have long hair curly coats. Its just..they...have curls