RIP Margeaux, my love.

Amber OttAmber Ott BethlehemMember Posts: 10
Today I put my beloved friend, Margeaux, to sleep. She went quickly and peacefully and she will no longer be in pain. I spent more time with this sweet little one than most people! She was a great companion... friendly, outgoing, and just plain loving. She made every day of the last year and a half a little brighter. I will miss her terribly. So will her \"dad\".... and every one that she knew. Thanks to everyone that showed support. This has been very hard on me. I\'m one of those crazy \"cat ladies\"... and she was my baby. Rest in peace, my angel. You will be in my thoughts...I\'ll never forget you. Here are some of my favorite pics of her:

Comments

• Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 16 September, 2009
    I am so sorry you lost Margeaux to feline leukemia. I know you must be devastated, but she is happy and safe now and will never be sick again. My Lucky Boo has FeLV too--he's had it almost a year and is just wasting away before my eyes. He's still got some quality to his life, though, and as long as he isn't suffering, I have no problem giving him extra love and care so he can stay with me longer. He has FIP too; the FeLV hasn't really affected him yet, but I know it will, and it will be sudden, like it was with Margeaux. I have lost two cats quite suddenly to FeLV in the past, so I can definitely sympathize. I wish some more could be done to prevent it; Lucky Boo was vaccinated against it his whole life, but he got it anyway. We Catster pawrents are all here for you. I'm so sorry you lost your sweet girl, but I do believe you will see her again someday. |:||:| Heather, Mom to Lucky Boo, Sindri, Sir Thomas, Dutch, and Luna PS: I don't think you can post pictures in the forums, unfortunately, but you can add some more pictures to Margeaux's primary page, if you want to--that way everyone could see what a beautiful girl she was. (I must say I love the picture of her that you have up now)
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Purrs to your people Margeaux. I will help you here at the Bridge along with my brother Winnie.